[Revised/Edited] Episode 27: Return of the Lost Butterfly

-"Butterflies are like the souls of the departed"

[Several hours Later- Southern Wahkan beach]

*Lei*

I sighed as I glanced out at the ebbing waves pounding against the beach in front of our house. "I hope that Wanikiya is alright."

"I'm sure that he will be," Yen said as she leaned back on the rock we were sitting on. It was in the shape of a throne, a memento from our brother.

"He'll be fine!" yelled Nuk as he flew over us. He descended, landing between the two of us. "He has Zelde and Nahimana to care for him after all."

We stood up. "What are you doing here?" we asked in unison.

Nuk chuckled. "I'm here to ask you a favor." He fidgeted. "Think I can stay with you?"

"Stay with us?" Yen asked.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Why?"

The masked boy crossed his arms. "Bad planning. They didn't reserve the right number of rooms. So Nahimana, Zelde, Orion, and I need a place to stay. Orion will be staying at Hikaru and Yuzuki's place. While Zelde and Nahimana will most likely stay with Wanikiya. I'm the only one who needs a place to stay."

"I can see why you can't stay with Hikaru as there are few rooms. But why not stay with Wanikiya?" Yen asked.

Nuk laughed. "Nahimana told me not to. Seems like she's afraid that I'll be a third wheel."

We stared at him suspiciously before turning toward one another. Was he telling the truth?

"Call Zelde or Nahimana if you doubt my words," Nuk said as he crossed his arms and leaned back on the stone throne.

"Fine, we will," Yen said, taking out a violet phone. "Call Zelde."

"Ask about Wanikiya too," I whispered.

"Okay."

A hologram of a bear with a pot of honey popped up. "Yes, mistress Yen."

"Cute bear," Nuk said, shiny-eyed.

Yen laughed. "Thanks." She cleared her throat. "Call Zelde."

"Hello?" Zelde said as soon as the bear vanished.

"Zelde! Is it true that they're out of rooms at the inn?"

"Yeah," she responded. "They were off by four. They told us to ask some of the students native to this town if we could stay with them. I was already staying at Wanikiya's place anyway, so I didn't have to worry. Nahimana is staying with us too."

"I see. Is Nuk one of those four?"

"Yeah. He went off on his own. Seems that he didn't want to stay with us for whatever reason."

Yen laughed. "I can guess why."

"More like you know why," Nuk and I whispered.

I stared at the boy in awe. 'That was odd... it almost felt as if my big brother was here with me.'

"So, is Wanikiya feeling better?" Yen asked, sitting back down on the throne.

"Yeah, he's fine. He's playing with his younger brother," Zelde responded.

"That's great," Yen said, laughing. "The two should spend as much time together before Wanikiya leaves."

"Brother! Sister!" Shandian yelled, waving at us. "Dinner is ready!"

"I got to go," Yen said. "Dinner is ready."

"Alright, can't keep those honey-flavored foods waiting, " Zelde said, snickering.