[Revised/Edited] Episode 74: Potion Explosion

"To love means to protect, to protect means to love"

Previously on Novus Magus: We were attacked by a group of eight masked students who want to have us kicked out of
Nine Petal Academy, so that we may leave Kyuu Seishin, and return to our home countries. Though, we aren't willing to leave without a fight. I am unwilling to give in to the demands of these Kyuu Seishinians- Adela

*Adela*

"Bye," Arima said, as her team went the opposite direction. "We'll meet up with you for lunch."

"Alright," Iah said, waving goodbye.

I turned to look at Lei as we made our way to our next class. He was smiling at his schedule.

"Yes, Potion and Pill class is next," Lei yelled. Students stopped walking to direct their eyes on him. He hid behind Nyima. "That was too loud, wasn't it?"

Nyima shook her head at him. "You can be such a child at times. Why are you excited for Potion and Pill class anyways?"

Lei walked in front of her and turned to face her, walking backwards. "You do want to be a mage, don't you?"

She leered at him. "You think I would be here if I didn't?"

He shook his head at her. "If you do then how can you not be excited for this class? This is the class that will help us grow stronger as mages. We learn how to make cultivation pills here! They're used to strengthen the magicum organum"

Nyima put her right hand up. "I get it, you can't wait to cultivate, but the ranking up pills will take time."

"They probably will be saved for later in the term," Iah said, crossing his arms over his chest.

Lei turned around and walked normally. "I don't know, this is Nine Petal. Its teaching is said to be leagues above what one learns at an average magic academy."

I held back a smile. My aunt had already taught me how to create the first few levels of cultivation pills. The ingredients that went into them fused with the Magicae Organum to strengthen it, thus allowing it to be able to hold more prana. However, doing so came at a cost. It was an excruciating experience. The more one evolved their Magicae Organum, the more dangerous taking the pills became. Most stopped at rank three rather than risk damaging their magical organs as well as other parts of their bodies.

"Adela," Lei said, waving a hand in front of my face. "Are you still feeling off?"

My face became red. "Uh, no, I'm fine. I was just daydreaming."

Lei laughed. "Well, I don't blame you." He held his hand in front of the door. So, we had arrived.

"Hello," a green-haired man said as we entered. The man had on a long white lab coat. "Please come in but don't touch the materials on your desks just yet."

"We're making potions already?" Lei said, looking around the room. He reached into his coat's pocket, and pulled out a talisman with two butterflies drawn on it.

I recognized the talisman, it was Xianian in origin. The only one who could've made that for him was his mother, Harmonica Rios.

"Lei," Wanikiya yelled from the far-right end of the first row. He was sitting with the rest of his team. "You barely made it on time, what happened?"

"We will tell you later," Iah said, focusing his eyes on the potion materials in front of him.

"Welcome, everyone. My name is Yuri Suzuran. Today, I will teach you how to make a magic potion," our potions teacher said. "Lo-" He was interrupted by the sound of a small explosion coming from the back of the class. Mr. Suzuran sighed. "Who went ahead?"