[Revised/Edited] Episode 82: Blending into the Shadows

"The Shadows seek to overtake you. Don't give into them. Continue to strive for the light."

*Iah*

I left Lei and Adela to go check up on our missing teammate. After class, Nyima left our group to go grab her project with Yuuta.

I should have been happy that one of us was at least making a friend outside of the group... but I felt something was off about the guy. Ever since we met, I felt that he wasn't someone to be trusted. Yet here Nyima was... doing just that.

"Nyima, hurry up," I said, peeking into the class. "Nyima!" I had to tell her and the others about what Adela had told Lei and me. Not to mention that she could be attacked if left alone.

Nyima didn't pay me any attention, instead she was listening and smiling as Yuuta talked about their jewel. The crystal had turned out beautifully. It resembled a golf-ball sized sapphire with a radiant eye effect likely caused by impurities in the construction.

I walked into the class and lifted up the cover of my project. I sighed. It wasn't finished yet but I doubted it would ever look as good as what Yuuta and Nyima made together.

"Iah," Nyima said, turning around. "When did you arrive? Checking on your project? How is it coming along?"

I glanced up at her and closed my project. Turning around, I walked over to the front door before finally saying something. "That doesn't matter right now," I said, keeping my head straight but my eyes low. "There's something important I need to tell you. Well, more like we need to tell you."

Yuuta set down their necklace. He was still putting the finishing touches on it.

"I'll finish up here. You can go with him," the guy said. I gazed back at the two and saw that Yuuta was smiling.

Nyima glanced back and forth between us. She continued to do that for a minute or so. "Uh, are you sure? You said that you'll give it to me, so shouldn't I be putting more work into it?"

The guy chuckled. "I have no problem with doing most of the work. Plus, you've helped in your own way."

She gazed at the jewel, giving it a puzzled look. "Really? When? How?"

I strode over to her and grabbed her by the arm. "Enough, we need to go!"

"What's the big deal?" Nyima said, glaring at me as we were exiting the room. "Is the school burning or something?"

"It's dangerous to be alone!" I snapped, glaring at her. Nyima opened her mouth as if shocked by my reaction. To be honest, I was also surprised by my tone... yet I couldn't help it. Seeing the two of them together like that... "Ms. Key told us to stick together."

She scoffed. "I'll be alright, Yuuta is here. The two of us should be able to handle them."

This time it was my turn to scoff. "Yuuta? You don't even know how strong he is! Have you seen him fight? Huh? Have you?"

She averted her gaze. "No, but one can tell by his prana alone. Yuuta's prana, it's rather unique."

'Unique? What in the world is she going on about? His prana barely feels any different than those of other members of his branch.'

I snickered bitterly. "You do know that he might be one of them, right?"

Nyima's eyes widened and she stopped in the middle of the dimly lit hall. The lights had been dialed down from their usual white to a dark orange glow. Whoever did it might or might not have been trying to make us feel uneasy.

Nyima however paid no attention to the light. She pulled her arm away from my grasp. Her blue eyes looked at the arm as if she expected it to be red, but I hadn't grabbed her hard enough to leave marks, nor would I ever dare to do so.