[Revised/Edited] Episode 2: Echo like Thunder

-"The thunder rumbles as lightning flashes across the sky, shaking the heavens and earth."

*Lei*

A blond five-year-old boy ran up to Yen and me as soon as we entered our house.

"How was training? Who did you fight?" the kid asked as his eyes shimmered with curiosity.

"It was good, but I still got a lot more practice to do," I said, wiping the sweat off of my forehead. "I battled against Wanikiya, Yen, and Zelde. Sadly not against Hikaru, who was too tired after his match against Wanikiya. Seriously, that guy needs to work on his prana control."

"Did you win?"

I laughed. "Well, I did beat Wani."

Yen grinned and pointed at me with her right thumb. "Zelde and I beat him easily!"

I put my hands behind my head and narrowed my eyes at Sis. "You know, I'll beat you one of these days. You'll see."

Yen raised her right hand toward her lips to stifle a chuckle. "Would love to see you try."

I lowered my hands and took a deep breath. "Full of yourself, aren't you?" I ran straight to the wooden stairs and grabbed the metal rail. I stopped and glanced back at her. "Anyway, I am going to go shower and then head out."

"Where to?" Yen asked, raising an eyebrow. "I don't recall the others inviting us anywhere."

I reached into the pocket of my pants and took out the I.D. I found. "I want to find this Nyima girl and return this to her," he said.

"Why now? It's already late," the five-year-old said as he followed me. He directed his electric blue eyes toward the window. The sky seemed as if it were on fire.

I turned around and messed up the child's neatly combed hair. "I'll be fine, Shandian. Don't worry! My lightning magic can light up the darkness of night."

Yen put her hands on her hips and shook her head before saying, "I'll accompany you just to make sure you don't end up getting lost. Plus, it won't hurt to have two of us searching for her."

"Sounds good," I said, putting my hands behind my head again and grinning. "But don't wander off too far. You don't have lightning magic like me. Nor fire or light for that matter."

She scoffed. "No need to tell me! I know. I plan to keep a close eye on you." She glanced at the card. "Doesn't that I.D. say where she lives?"

I glanced at the I.D. "Yeah, she lives on the other side of town."

"The other side of town? As in the western section?"

I nodded.

She whistled. "That girl must be rich then! Hey, think that she'll repay us for returning it to her?"

"Look at you, thinking of money," I said, waving the card. "I'm returning this because it's the right thing. If we get money as a reward, then that would be the icing on the cake, not the objective."

Yen scoffed. "Alright, I got it. I hope that she'll be there, or it'll be a waste of time."

I turned around and stared at her sweat-covered face. "You won't be taking a shower? You worked up as much of a sweat as me. If we're going to a fancy part of town, you might scare off the locals."

Her face flushed as she ran past me. "Of course I am! You think that I'm a pig?"

I averted my gaze. "Well, your habits kind of resemble one," I said in a low voice.

Wind danced around Yen. "I heard that, you brat. Honestly, you lack tact when it comes to speaking to girls."

I narrowed my eyes. "You aren't any better with guys. If you continue acting the way you do, you will scare off Hikaru."