Episode 94: Suspicions and Disbelief

"A butterfly will fly in the wind, unknown to the world around it"

Previously on Novus Magus: Four days had passed since our fight against Nobu. Alto searched the database of students for a picture of him, but it turned out that Nobu was a nickname. 

'Nobu'...wasn't that what Ren called Nobuyuki? 

Thankfully Sarah, and An weren't gravely hurt. Now, the battle between the so-called 'strongest' of each class was to take place in a little over a day. Every class in the school was still putting the last touches on their stands and floats..."- Lei

*Lei*  

"Bring in the stove," Nyima yelled. Hal, Iah, and Alto carried in a large chrome, electric stove with its own internal battery.

I glanced down at the list Adela and Iah had made and checked off the stove.

"Where's Adela?" Wanikiya asked as he carried two two-pound bags of potatoes. He settled the potatoes next to chrome stove.

I pointed over at the stall with blue that was diagonal from our stand. Adela happily talking with Ren. "She's exchanging recipes with him, also it seems that our Aking mushrooms are finally here."

"You seem bored," Zelde said. She carried a three-pound sack of rice over her shoulders. "Do you want to change jobs?"

I sighed. "It's fine. It's not like I can do much...I would like to move stuff around like the rest of you..." I gripped the inhaler inside my blazer.

"You can still carry light stuff," Wanikiya said, patting my shoulder. How odd, usually I was the one consoling him these days. "Those sacks of potatoes aren't too heavy. There are still two more waiting in the classroom. You can help me bring one of those back."

My eyes sparkled. "Sure...oh, but I was left to handle the list."

"I can do that," Sarah said. She dusted off her hands of rice flour. Adela had charged her with turning some of the rice into flour. "I think I've crushed enough rice into flour to last us for the first day."

"Are you the one who took the third sack of rice?" Zelde said.

Sarah blushed slightly. "Ah, I forgot to tell you? I took one of the sacks to get a head start on the rice flour."

Zelde sighed. "I should go tell Ms. Key. She has been looking around for it since we arrived. We thought that it was those eight who stole it. It ended up being one of us."

"Sorry. Uh, how embarrassing."

I handed her the list. "You can make it up by checking this off for me," I said.

"Wah, I want to give some of my duties to Sarah too," Hal said.

Sarah shot him a nasty glare. "Hal, go and get the freezer. The other guys are waiting."

Iah and Alto snickered as Hal ran off after them.

"Stop laughing you two," she said. "Get to work now! Lei has put me in charge. We need to make this perfect, the regnant of this country and some other important guests will be attending the fair."

I didn't know I had that power...kind of wished I hadn't given it up like that. Though, I kind of doubt I could boss them around like Sarah did, she had an intimidating aura. She must have developed it due to her upbringing as the princess of the Shui.

I left Sarah in charge of everyone and hurried off with Zelde and Wanikiya to get the remaining ingredients.

"Lei, did you hear? My aunt will-" Adela said, waving at me. She was looking at a large box of mushrooms. "Hey,where are you going?"