Episode 116: Remnants

"Make sure no stone is left un-turned, lest your enemy strike when you're least expecting'

*Lei*

"Nyima, Lei," a familiar voice said as we walked around the halls. Mr. Suzuran waved at us. "I was hoping to run into you." He bowed his head. "Please forgive me for being a bad father. I should've paid more attention to what my daughter was doing. Ever since her mother died she's kept herself isolated in her room. The only time she wasn't was when she was dating Boukyaku. After she broke up she worried me again by going back into isolation. When she finally started coming out of her room last year I thought she had found some nice friends. I never bothered learning more about her new friend. Instead, I kept working on my research. I'm sorry!"

"Lift your head," I said, crossing my arms. "Your daughter chose her actions. You have little fault in what she did." I passed him. "We already forgave Mayu anyways."

Mr. Suzuran looked up and threw something. I caught a small vial with a herb of some kind.

"That herb when mixed with the Seven Star snake crystal has the potential to resurrect you, so long as it's on the dead person and it is used immediately."

Bring back the dead? Did Mr. Suzuran try to bring back his wife?

He vanished before I could ask him.

"I hope he'll be alright," Nyima said. "That herb must be quite strong to revive the dead."

"Only if it's mixed with the Seven Star snake's core. Adela has it right now. Hopefully we'll never need to use it."

"We should have her make some just in case."

I snickered. "If this were an anime you would've raised so many death flags just now."

She elbowed me. "Stop being such a nerd." She glanced down at a set of stairs leading down to darkness. "Well, this is where I wanted to go."

I scanned the area to make sure no one was following us. "Isn't this where you almost tripped over Yuuta?"

She nodded as she walked down. "I wonder if anyone investigated this place."

At the end of the stairs was a wall with nine spaces. "What's beyond here?"

"You'll need the help of a Kyuu Hyakuian to move that." We looked up and saw glowing snake eyes. "Sorry to frighten you two, again. I was wondering why you two were walking into this empty section of the school."

"Mr. Suzuran?" Nyima said.

"Yes. Where are the lights in this place?" He found his way around the darkness and turned on the lights. "Move away you two. I'm going to open this."

His hand became scaly like a snake's body. He jammed his hand into one of the nine holes and moved it around until a green flame filled the hole.

The door swung open, revealing a long hallway. "Be on alert you two. The door doesn't seem like my daughter's style of doing things." He transformed into a giant snake and moved around. Arrows flew out of the hall's walls. He shielded himself with wooden barriers. The walls began launching fire arrows.

"Aqua Draco." Nyima chanted. She cast a water dragon and had it sway its way to Mr. Suzuran.

I felt an electrical flow coming from the walls. "Ventus Draco," I chanted. I send a wind dragon to Mr. Suzuran's aid. Fire and electrically charged arrows were fired off.

Mr. Suzuran wrapped his shields around the dragon spells. "You two follow me."

Nyima and I ran into the halls. Fire and electric arrows were fired off at us too. Nyima shielded me from the fire arrows using another water dragon while I shielded her from the electrically charged arrows by using a second wind dragon. At the same time we protected Mr. Suzuran with the dragons we brought over to him.