[Revised/Edited] Episode 54: Aspiration to the Heavens

-"Mist covers the world as the mighty one advances, ready for combat against the forces of darkness."

*Lei*

"Long Quan!" Iah said as he slashed the ground open with his strange hoof-like claws.

I dodged rapidly. I repeatedly dodged his claws until I was next to Iah. I stopped from advancing further as a pain surged in my lungs. My breathing was becoming heavier and heavier as more dust covered the field. It was as if the air from my lungs was being sucked out. I dropped to one knee as I tried to regulate my breathing.

Iah stopped and lowered his guard. "Are you alright?"

"I'm alright it's nothing to worry about," I said as I tried to get up. I stumbled forward, yet a grin covered my face.

Yen stood up. "Brother, here! Mom told me to give you this!" She took out an inhaler from her backpack and threw it at me. "Mother thought you might forget it, so she gave me one before we left to school just in case."

I smiled at my sister as I caught it. "Thanks, but it's not that serious yet."

"Lei," Adela said, furrowing her brow at me. She could probably tell that my breathing was becoming more erratic.

"Alright? It isn't serious? This is asthma we are talking about, I can't fight someone who can't even stand up," Iah said.

I looked down at the inhaler and sighed painfully.

"You're weak," a voice rang in my head. A hand reached out and snatched the inhaler from me. A black-haired kid with blue eyes looked down on me. "You talk big, but look at you now, relying on this thing." The boy snickered as he walked away from me with the inhaler in hand. "Now try to fight me."

I snapped myself out of my thoughts. I pressed the inhaler against my mouth and took in a deep breath before I threw it back at my sister. "This will be the last time I'll need that thing... for now." I shifted my attention to the still concerned Iah. my eyes darkened as I laughed drily. "Look at you...that face you're making...it reminds me of that guy's face the day after he had taken my inhaler."

Sparks were ejected from my arms, towards the barrier.

"Do not dare take pity on me!" I charged at Iah and punched him in the face.

Iah blocked the second punch and reverse punched me in the face. "Stop it, Lei. You're just hurting yourself more than me, just look at all the dust flying around!"

My turquoise eyes narrowed and I growled like a wild animal. "I told you! I'm not weak!"

Iah looked at my eyes and sighed.

"Wind Dragon...attack him!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as the whites of my eyes turned bloodshot red.

"Earth dragon, finish his wind dragon!" Iah returned back to his usual form, except he kept the horn.

My prana danced wildly. "I'm not... weak..."

"Don't push yourself, but don't give up either," Wanikiya shouted.

"He's right. Go for it, Lei!" Adela yelled.

"Don't give in, Lei," Zelde said, touching the seashells of her necklace nervously.

"Brother, you can do it!" Yen said.

"Go, avenge your sister," Hikaru said.

Nyima shifted uncomfortably. "Uh, do your best, you two!"

A smirk replaced my frown. "I won't give up." I blew the dust away from around myself and took in a deep breath, and exhaled. I directed my gaze back to Iah. In a burst of energy, I threw him to the ground. "Don't... underestimate... me!"