Chapter 104: A Sea of Confusion

"The waves pound against the shoreline, a path yet unseen lies under the waves"

Previously on Novus Magus: Mayu and the others attacked us. After having our stall bombed, we decided that enough was enough. Now we're retaliating against them. Only one group of the two will remain in Kyuu Seishin and that will be us, it has to be- Nyima

*Nyima*

Vermeil looked around as we waited in front of the school for Miwa and Eien.

"Who are you looking for?" I asked.

"My brother," she said. "Aren't the second-years fighting here later today?"

"Nope," Hal said as he played around with his tablet. "The upperclassmen get to use the Basketball stadium at the other side of the island. That's why it's so empty here right now."

Vermeil's smile faded. "Oh, I guess I'll see him later."

"If we get out of this safely," Hikaru said.

Yen punched him in the shoulder. "Don't say things that might jinx us! Also, it's unlike you to be this pessimistic."

Hikaru rubbed his shoulder. He had spent last night working out his body in preparation for his rematch against Setsu and the other seven.

"Hopefully we do make it out of this safely," Orion said, gazing up the sky. He glanced around. "The second years aren't here?"

"They'll come later. They are our back up after all," Eien said. He and Miwa were dressed in leather armor. "Ready for war?"

"Excuse me, I seem to have forgotten my war armor," Hal said, snickering.

"I didn't," An said. He wore the same leather clothes he had on the first day of school.

Hal shook his head. "It was sarcasm. I don't have any war armor or even a military uniform for that matter."

An tilted his head. "Really? Are you a speed over defense fighter?"

He snickers. "Well there's that too."

"Are you ready to go?" Eien said, mildly annoyed. "We have located the eight traitors. They'll all in the mountain. No one else should be there. So don't be afraid of going all out, well maybe just enough to avoid destroying the dorms."

"I'm ready," Lei said. He wore the same clothes he did yesterday. "I've been itching for a fight for quite some while."

Eien covered us in a circle of flames. When the flames vanished, we appeared in the plaza between the dorms. Standing a few feet across from us were Yuuta and Setsu.

Miwa summoned a lance. "Were they expecting us?"

Eien summoned a bow instead of his scepter and pointed it at Setsu. "Kohaku must've divined the future."

"Yes," Yuuta said, nodding. He wore the same yukata as the boy who saved Setsu from being unmasked by Vita. His pupils changed into a deep golden color with black spots around the iris.

"We got to stop him," Hikaru yelled. He charged at Yuuta but was intercepted by Setsu. Hikaru glared at her as they exchanged fists. "Move aside!"

"Only until you leave. This isn't a place for you non-Kyuu Hyakuians to lay foot on." She knee-kicked Hikaru in the stomach, sending him rolling to the floor in agony.

"Hikaru!" Yen yelled. She appeared behind Setsu. "Sonus!"

Setsu clamped her ears with both her hands. The ground below her rumbled as an eerie song-like sound spread across the entire mountain. Invisible sound waves ruptured the ground like magma breaking into the surface.