[Revised/Edited] Episode 29: Friends

-"Everyone desires acceptance. So much that people are even willing to do the cruelest of things to get it."

*Ayawamat*

I arrived at the ceremony wearing ripped jeans and a black shirt with torn sleeves. A sea of white plastic chairs littered the verdant grass in front of Mahpiya. A crimson carpet cut through it, dividing it into two groups.

"Hey cousin," Tahoma said, waving at ms. "The ceremony is about to begin."

I smirked. 'So now he talks to me. Well, he was doing his job. If he acted too friendly with me, it could make people suspect favoritism.'

Yuzuki emerged from a spiraling starry vortex. Her blue eyes instantly darted toward Yen. Next to her was an empty seat. "Is Lei not here yet?"

"Made it!" Lei yelled, drawing everyone's attention, and Yuzuki's smile.

The dweeb's face flushed as hundreds of eyes turned to look at him. "Uh... I mean..."

Koukyuu snickered all the way from the raised podium. "Well, good thing you did. Unfortunately, I've just been informed that we won't be able to share with you the results. It seems that there was some tampering. We're currently investigating what happened."

"What?" several students asked, glancing at one another.

"Tampering?" Yen asked, mouth agape.

"Wow," Hikaru said, crossing his arms. "Someone must have wanted to get in badly. Wonder what'll happen when they catch them."

I glanced at Wanikiya who was giving Nahimana a concerned look. 'Were those two behind this? What was that weak prince's issue the other day anyway? That's the most pissed I've ever seen him.'

"We'll announce the results as soon as we can. Sorry for wasting your time," Ms. Key said, taking the mic from Lady Zettai.

I sighed. Oh well. It should only be a delay. This gives me some more time to spend with my little brother and sister.

"Darn," Lei said, leaning against the silver-rod fence. "I was dying to know the results."

I snickered as I turned around. "Like you would make it," I said, leering at him. "All this does is keep your hopes up."

Lei curled his hands into fists. Azure sparks flew around, causing the nearby phones and tablets to start to act up. "If it's a fight you want, then I'll give it to you!"

I smirked as I twisted around and caught the electrically charged fist. The force of the punch barely managed to send me back a few inches. "Try harder, wimp."

The lightning mage went for a strike on my chin with his free fist, but I ducked. In return, I threw a punch, hitting him right in the stomach.

He coughed up saliva and curled to the ground.

"Learn your place already, weakling," I said, looking down at him.

He spat out more wads of saliva and glared at me. His eyes reminded me of when we were kids, on the day where he actually managed to scare me a little.

"Curse you... I'll show you one day..." he mumbled.

"Lei," Yen said, rushing over to him. "Why must you always pick fights with this guy?"

I shrugged as I snickered. "He's a child. That's why."

The oldest triplet glared at me. "And you?" She stepped toward me and poked me in the chest with her index finger. "Don't you tire of picking on him? And if you see him as a child then don't go bullying him. Bully someone on your own level."