Episode 102: Freezing the Masked Ones

"The mask shatters but what lies behind it?"

*Lei*

Eien's father froze the vines into icy ribbons. "Stop!"

"We won't," said a girl wearing salamander's mask. She shot out fire from her mouth, igniting the frozen vines and the school itself. At least for a brief moment, until the ice overpowered the flames. "Grr. Damn you!"

The nurse's office opened and out came Eien and Arima. Arima seemed dazed. "Can we please pass through?" Eien said, supporting Arima. "I have a patient here who needs to go home and get some rest."

"It's all your fault!" the snake girl yelled. She threw a needle at Eien but Arima blocked it with her arm. She winced, falling to the ground if not for Eien's help.

The second prince's eyes widened. "That needle..."

"Arima!" Alto yelled. He shot lightning at the snake girl, but it was blown away by the boy in the weasel mask. Alto gathered more electricity in his hands. "Don't stand there, we have run enough! It's time to fight."

I summoned my butterfly swords and aim for the salamander masked girl. "Exactly, I've been saying this for a while now!"

"You're that... no you're her twin brother," she said, shaking her head.

"You met Yen?"I asked.

"Nyima, go back to the stand," Adela ordered. "I'll go heal Arima."

Nyima gathered water around her. "I'll alert the others and return here as soon as I can." She came to a stop as razor wind cut the floor a few inches from where she was. She leapt back and glanced over at the weasel-masked boy who had cast the spell.

"Arima, don't get injured as soon as you have woken up," Eien said, holding her tightly. "Father we need to get a poison expert to see her. This is serious."

"Yes, I'll contact Mr. Suzuran to heal her."

"I'm on it," Miwa said, pulling out a pink cell phone. The phone exploded in her hands. "What?"

The salamander girl grinned as flames danced around her. "She's going to die, and so are all of you. That is, unless if you get out of our country!"

I reached for my phone but I stopped. She would've just blown it up like she did with Miwa's. "First let's get rid of these five," I said, gathering wind around me.

Eien father swiftly moved in a circle around them and gently touched each of the five's masks; shattering them as soon as he stepped away from them.

Three of the five I had seen before. The tanuki was Yuuta, the weasel was Shiori, and their leader was Mayu.

Yuuta grinned nervously in the direction of Nyima.

"How can it be him?" Nyima said, shaking her head. "You were there when the guy with the tanuki mask came to save his colleague."

Yuuta smiled impishly. "Well, you were wrong. Seems that you fell for it."

She attacked Yuuta with a water dragon which froze upon contact due to the cold air lingering around him and the other four.

"Sorry," Yuuta said, looking at the shattered floor. He closed his eyes and the hall became a desert as soon as he opened them. The five were gone like the wind.

"Where are we?" Ulissis asked, looking at the huge dunes around us.

"It's an illusion," Adela responded as she squatted down. She picked up a handful of sand and gasped. "It feels so real though."