[Revised/Edited] Episode 13: A Lost Dream

-"Forsake the selfish self, gain the untattered infinite"

[Night before the Test- Unknown Location]

*Nahimana*

"Ry," I called out. I tapped the shoulder of a blond boy whose blue eyes were set only on his hand-held console.

"What is it, Boss?" he asked as he pressed the buttons rapidly. He rose up slightly from his bed as he sped up his button smashing. "Wait, hold it for a moment. I am almost done defeating this guy."

Sighing, I shook my head. 'Why did I choose these two boys to accompany me again? Both of them are a bunch of blockheads. Don't they realize that we have to leave soon?'

I turned around, walked out of the two-bed guest room and made my way down a long hall. The walls were decorated with various ornaments made out of different kinds of animal skins and feathers, regalia of my tribe. I came to an abrupt stop upon seeing a tall man with black braided hair heading my way.

The man's lips creased toward his bright purple eyes as soon as he saw me. "There's my favorite little girl! Your mother was wondering if..."

I held up a hand, shutting him up. "Father, have you seen Nuk?" I asked, looking straight into his purple eyes.

He tilted his head. "Hmm, he said he was going to go out to buy something to eat, but that was over an hour ago." He gave me a sad smile. "You're leaving already? I thought you would spend the night and head to the capital with the other examinees in the morning."

I smiled sadly and nodded. "I've finally gotten a clue as to where the person we're looking for is. We might stay for the night but head out early. Nuk and I have to pass that exam."

"And Ry? He's still too young to take the exam."

"I know. He'll sneak into the island. He knows his mission."

Father sighed. "I see. I still don't agree with that. You should allow the child to study and live his own life. Especially after all he's endured. Same with Nuk and the others. You too. Why must you hide your real identities?"

I shook my head. "You wouldn't understand, even if I told you."

He took a deep breath. "Alright, I'm going to tell your mother to make your favorite meal. Also, you should tell the crown prince you're going to take the exam too."

My face turned bright red. "I was planning to!" 'Or I might just leave it as a surprise.'

I rushed out of my tiny blue house and looked around for Nuk. All I saw was a sea of spiky leaves. The only interruption in the ocean of green was the occasional crimson flower, the beginnings of a pineapple. It also didn't help that the farther reaches of our pineapple farm were dimly lit.

Coming to a stop, I breathed in deeply. Nuk must've ran off to some other part of the farm. Holding out my palm, I summoned four small marbles that shone with the radiance of rubies, sapphires, emeralds, and diamonds. I winced as I felt the remainder of my prana drop quickly. I'd been training earlier, but I didn't think I'd used that much energy.

'Can't believe that I'm using this power again just to find that guy...'

"Show me where Nuk is." The four marbles floated away from my palm and danced around me in a circle. They slowed and aligned together in a straight line with the ruby marble directed toward the horse stable at the edge of my family's lands.

I sighed again. Should've guessed he'll be there. For some reason, he and Saiyu were very fond of the place. 'What is he up to now? Surely, he isn't cleaning the stable.'