[Revised/Edited] Episode 76: Yuuta Akiyama

"A destined meeting, or an accident?"

Previously on Novus Magus: Iah and Alto were being too noisy so I left to find a quieter place to eat. Though, I'm getting a bad feeling that something big will happen soon- Nyima

*Nyima*

"Now to find a place where I can eat in peace," I said, glancing around for the best place to sit down and eat. That was when I saw a set of stairs in a secluded area of the school. Thinking it was a good area to sit down and enjoy my meal, I made my way to the steps. As soon as I reached halfway down into the dimly lit area, I felt something under my feet.

My lunch slipped from my hands and crashed into the floor in an even darker section, so I couldn't even see the mess that resulted. I quickly spun around and caught hold of the rail just before hitting the ground.

Straightening myself up, I glanced up at the spot where I had fallen from. Sitting on the steps in the center was a boy with his back leaned against the wall and his eyes closed as if in slumber. He even had dark lines around his eyes as if he hadn't slept in years, or he put on a great deal of eyeliner.

"Hey, you!" I snapped. "What are you thinking, sleeping here?" The boy didn't move at all. "Hey, are you alright?" I placed my fingers close to his nose, he was breathing fine. I tapped the boy's side lightly with my foot. Alright maybe not so light, I mean, he did turn violently, nearly hitting his head on the steps. "Hey, I'm talking to you!"

The boy opened an eye, giving me a malicious look as he straightened out. It was then that I remembered who he was. He was Yuuta, my proctor during the exam. "Why did you wake me up?" the boy said, crankily.

"You were in the way," I said, unapologetically. "I could've gotten hurt thanks to you sleeping here."

Yuuta scratched his head, sighing. "You're so loud. Where do you think you're going anyways? This area is forbidden to those who aren't Kyuu Seishians."

"You can tell, even this darkness?"

Even I had a hard time making things out clearly and my eyes were well adapted to it given the training my mother put me through.

He laughed. "It's so obvious for us Kyuu Hyaku clan members, even if one can't see you. We can see the aura inherited from the nine spirit yokai, something you lack." He stood up and stretched his arms into the air, before holding a hand out to me. "Nice to make your acquaintance, first year. My name is Yuuta."

'This guy...he's just like Lei, they both think that holding out a hand and smiling will fix everything. Though, unlike Lei, this guy seems to be cooler...'

I turned away. "This isn't our first time meeting."

"Oh?" he said, blinking.

I sighed. "I'm Nyima. Well I'll be going now."

"Bye now," Yuuta said, chuckling. I didn't see what was so funny about me tripping over him and nearly falling to my death. Alright, I most likely wouldn't have died from that fall, but still! My food sadly didn't survive.

"Nyima!" Iah and Lei yelled from above.

Iah glared at Yuuta as he descended the stairs. "Did you hurt Nyima?"

"He didn't," I said, making my way toward them.

"Why are you bleeding?" Lei said. I hadn't felt anything until I saw the blood rolling down my left knee.

"I must have hurt myself on the rail when I tripped," I said, putting a hand over the wound.

Lei chuckled. "You have to be less clumsy."