Episode 114: Preparing for the Triplets' Birthday

"A long life of giving is a life well lived"

*Lei*

Later that day, my family had spent the night together at a hotel in the city. It was nice for all six of us to finally be reunited. Though, Father and Mother gave Kun a stern lecture to not fake one's death.

"So, why did you do it?" I asked, staring at my triplet.

Kun sat down on the king sized bed. "I can't tell you. Nahimana told me not to do so. I raised his arm which had a golden bracelet. "Until I can remove this, I am not free. I still got to find our leader... though I think I ran into her a while back."

"Huh?" Yen said. "Isn't Nahimana your boss?"

"Kun, there's someone to see you," Shandian said, poking his head in. "It's Nahimana. She says that she need to talk to you urgently."

Kun stood up. "Seems that I got to go now." He smiled. "Now that I think about it, today's our birthday, isn't it?"

Yen and I exchanged glances. "Yeah," we said in unison.

"Happy birthday!" all three of us said at once.

Shandian pouted. "Let me say it together with you three!"

"Alright," Yen said. "One, two, and three..."

"Happy Birthday!" all four of us said.

*Yuzuki*

As my brother, his family, and I were heading out of our suite to get lunch, a little boy zipped by.

"Shandian!" Serein yelled, running to meet his cousin.

Shandian came to a stop and waved.

"Where ya gogo?"

"To get some Xianian take out," Harmonica responded. The entire family accompanied her, including Kun.

"Honey chicken, honey chicken," Lei sung with a grin on his face.

"You should get those party goods," Kun said, snickering.

Lei nodded. "Fine, come Yen!"

"I'll come with you," I said. "Plus, I got a gift for you."

Kun stopped and turned around. "For me too?"

I nodded. "Yeah. I still got the past two gifts I couldn't give you."

Kun put his hands on his back and grinned. "Aww, you're so kind. No wonder Tahoma and Lei like you."

My face flushed. "What?"

"Ku...Kun!" Lei said, flustered.

Kun turned tail. "Uh, got to go! Nahimana will be angry if I'm late for our meeting!"

"Hey, wait!" I yelled. 

Did he just say that Tahoma likes me?

"Where is Kun going?" Ocarina asked, glancing over her shoulder.

"He's going to talk to Nahimana about something," her older sister responded.

Stupid Kun. What did he mean by those words? Did Tahoma really like me? It must be as a friend. Right? I mean, there's no way that guy could like me. Or could he?

"You're close to Tahoma?" Lei asked, glaring me jealously.

"He's just a friend from school," I responded. Grabbing his hand, I ran out. "Come, let's get those decorations!"