[Revised/Edited] Episode 33: The 'Weak' Ones

-"The Cold Starry Sky Shines On"

[Caelum Port]

*Wanikiya*

Nyima and Lei arrived at the port five minutes late.

Their team and mine waited for them. Docked behind us was a large, white cruise liner. It stood out from the rusty merchant and fishing ships that covered the rest of the dock.

The eight of us followed Koukyuu inside of the cruise liner. The inside was pretty fancy, even by high-end cruise liner standards. The walls were mostly decorated with gold leaf, with the edges having silver leaf. The rugs were from Tora, a nation known for its high quality rugs, among other things.

We stopped in front of a black and blue-colored elevator, where a woman wearing a red uniform with the insignia of a white fox with its eyes closed, stood. "Tickets." The eight of us showed her our tickets, which she handed back to us. "Keep those safe as they'll also be your key to your rooms."

"Before you go, will all of you be entering the tournament?" Koukyuu asked as we entered the elevator.

Nyima, Iah, Adela, Yen, Zelde, and Lei all nodded.

Koukyuu glanced at Hikaru and me quizzingly. "How about you two?"

I looked down at the soft, red Toran rugs. Their color was deeper than any red I had ever seen before.

I tried to raise my head, but paused. My throat tightened a little.

"You okay, Wani?" Yen asked.

"Relax," Zelde said.

"My prana control is awful," I finally managed to muster out. "I have to work on it before I can participate in a tournament." I raised my head completely until I was looking into her eyes. "I don't want to turn others into that target."

"I'm surprised you even made it, I was certain that Sokw or Alban would be the twentieth person," Koukyuu said. "What about you, Mikado boy?"

I frowned. Couldn't blame her for saying that.

Hikaru glanced at me. "I guess I'll stay out of the tournament to make it an even number," he responded.

I averted my gaze. He and the rest of my friends knew it wasn't only because I couldn't utilize my powers. Rather, it was the reason for why I struggled with them in the first place.

I thought back to what Nahimana had said. What did she do to 'help' me? Had she done something wrong? I shook my head, trying to get the thought of my lifelong friend doing something bad out of my head. Still, whatever it was, I owed her. She had always encouraged me to try my best, as had Zelde.

I glanced up at Zelde, who gave me a stern look. I flinched, trying to escape those wildfire-like eyes of hers.

"On second thought, I...I'll...think about it."

Koukyuu closed her eyes and grinned as she turned around to open the elevator. "Alright. Then we'll await your response. See you in a bit."

"Hey. You made it!" Hal said, waving. As soon as we stepped out.

"Ah, good timing, kid! Could you help Iah and Adela here show the Wahkanians around?" Koukyuu said.

Hal grumbled. "Why must I do it?"

Lady Zettai covered a smug grin with the long sleeves of her white kimono. "See you later."

"Hey! You're the teacher here!" the poison mage yelled, He went after her, but stopped as a floating wall of blue flames appeared in front of him.