Episode 106: Remembered Once More

"Their roads converge once more"

*'Nuk'*

"What's going on?" Ry said as he pushed his wet blond hair back. His blue eyes glanced at the dark sky as the clouds began to dispersed. "That storm, it was magic, wasn't it?"

I nodded. "It seemed to have originated from the rooftop of the school. Whoever it was, they must've depleted their prana, unless if they have a medium or high level 2 magicae organum." Although, those storm clouds felt like they'd been gathered by my brother. I touched my back and winced. Had Lei gotten hurt earlier? That sudden sharp pain from moments ago, it had to be because of him getting injured.

Nahimana tapped our shoulders. "Let's get going. This isn't our fight."

Suddenly a sharp pain ran through my body. I collapsed into the concrete.

"Nuk!" Ry said. He removed his glove and my own. He shuddered as he checked my pulse. "Master, his pulse is very weak."

She lifted me up from the floor. "Let's go back."

I shook my head. "I can't...something must've happened to either Yen or Lei." 

No...not one or the other but both.

Our boss nodded. "Fine, go check on those two. However, be mindful to not get too involved." She let go of me. "We're both coming with you." She looked up as the wind pushed thick clouds toward us. "I'm concerned about master Wanikiya."

I warped us to the direction of the mountain, thinking that perhaps they returned to the dorms.

I closed my eyes. I felt no one at all...there used to be people here but they had left some time ago.

"They aren't here anymore," I said. I shifted my direction to the east. Someone was making their way here. The pain I felt increased.

I walked toward the person. When I reached the border of the forest something heavy fell into my arms.

My eyes widened as blood dyed my cloak crimson. The person in my arms, it was Yen.

My hands shook as I turned her to her side to check where she was wounded. Her chest was bloodied.

Yen opened her eyes and looked up at me. She smiled.

"Brother...I'm coming to join you soon, Lei might too. I'm sorry...we failed to live out our dream."

I settled her on the ground and removed my mask, placing it over her blood-covered face. Though...the blood on her face wasn't her own.

"You fool, you already joined him." I covered my hands in turquoise-colored prana. "How could you have forgotten about me! Do you truly not recall that I'm still alive? That I spent days hanging out with you? And I won't let you die! The same goes for our little brother! Lei will live!"

 "How could you have forgotten about me! Do you truly not recall that I'm still alive? That I spent days hanging out with you? And I won't let you die! The same goes for our little brother! Lei will live!"