Episode 89: Draco

"Grab a hold of your dreams and hold onto them tightly for they are fleeing"

**Orion**

"Finally, we can go back to the dorms," I said as I stretched my arms toward the heavens. My head was hurting from all the talk about prana. Perhaps for someone who was used to hearing such things in their youth it was easy, but for a guy like me it was like being place into a pre-calculus or higher math course.

Yuzuki giggled, walking next to me. "What happened to your enthusiasm about engaging in more ranked battles?"

I smiled, running on ahead. "Ah, right. I wanted to fight you!" I turned to face her and pointed an index finger at her. "Let's go to the circle! I want to see how strong you are."

"Before you battle her, fight me," Tahoma said, sneaking up on us. He flung his bag over his back and walked over to me and leaned in closely, whispering, "I want to see what a Hoshi can do."

I snickered. "So now that I'm number fourteen you wish to fight me? Tsk. Fine, let's go!" Running, I went ahead of the two.

"Hey, wait up!" Yuzuki yelled, sprinting. "Where in the world do you get all this energy?"

"Excitement!" I yelled back, laughing. "It numbs the pain from typical exercise."

"I see... Hikaru's the same," she said in a low whisper.

Before long we reached the circle in the center of the school park. "We're here!" I yelled, jumping up and down.

Yuzuki glared at me. "Is it really excitement giving you all of this energy? I mean how can you have this much stamina when you could barely climb up the hill when we met?"

I snapped my fingers. "Easy, I took one of my prana restoration potions!"

"You should be careful with taking too many of those," she advised, giving me a stern look that reminded me of my sister, Stella. "Taking too many in a short amount of time can damage your magicae organum."

"It's my first one," I pointed out, smiling. "Lei is lucky to have someone like you looking out for him."

Tahoma narrowed his eyes and pulled on my arm. "We didn't come here so that you could flirt with her." He let go of me once we entered the circle.

"Ohh, this time it's Tahoma?" said the twins as they rushed in to get first class seats (not that there were any to speak of).

Kachina walked up toward us, a large smile dotted her face. "Ahh, so Tahoma finally decided to give the newbie a chance."

Tahoma summoned a white wand and transformed it into a black katana with a white and gold guard. He shrugged as his lips crested into a grin. "He did defeat the former fourteenth-ranked student. I got to see just how strong he is by facing his spells head on."

Kachina snapped her fingers, forming four seats for the twins, Yuzuki, and her to sit on. "In that case, I look forward to seeing how much you've grown over the summer."

Tahoma closed his eyes before flashing me a wild grin. "Are you ready? Orion Hoshi!"

I nodded as I summoned my wand and transformed it into its miniature needles form. I snapped my finger causing time to freeze everyone and everything. Well, Yuzuki was still moving as expected, but so was Tahoma!

He ran at me, raising his katana high in the air. I dodged out of the way before he could swing it down at me. Is he trying to kill me? But more importantly, why didn't my magic work on him?

"Time magic won't work on me, Hoshi," he yelled as his hands became scaly.

"How can you move?" I asked.