[Edited/Revised] Episode 121: Tournament Finale!

"The full moon glows a radiant yellow"

Starting my yellow dragon transformation process, I ran at Arima with a stone sword in hand

"Manes Chorum!" Arima chanted, holding her hands out in front of her, forming a triangle with her thumbs and index fingers. A swarm of spirits flew out of her hands like a bunch of ravenous locusts.

I swatted the spirits around me, but just like locusts, they continued to dodge and pester.

Taking a deep breath, I shoot earth bullets in all directions, including the ground itself.  Holes dotted the floor around me once the bullets had stopped.

Arima emerged from the resulting cloud of dust with a scythe.

Summoning my katana, I blocked her attack but was pushed back by sheer force. I winced as she continued to slash the air with the black scythe.

I had to figure a way out or I would be defeated here... A chuckle escaped my lips. That said, this match was better than I'd hoped for. Arima was worthy of standing here with me.

Iah roared, sending Arima flying toward the barrier

Iah roared, sending Arima flying toward the barrier. His dragon wings emerged from his back as his horn grew larger. Hills sprung up and struck the areas around Arima but not her.

"What is Iah planning?" I whispered, leaning forward.

"Seems to me that he's doing something similar to Hitoshi," Lei said, tapping his pencil against his notebook's spiral bind. "Except he's being more direct about it."

Lei. Was he always like this?

"What?" he asked, furrowing his brow. "I know strategy. It's actually my forte...when I'm not angry or impatient."

"That's why you got to control your emotions," Adela said, sighing. "If you had used strategy against Iah then you might've won."

Lei's eyes returned to his notebook. "You're right, but at this point, what ifs are meaningless. It's Iah facing Arima right now, not me. Hmm. If I had to guess, Arima will go through the earth trap like a ghost and appear behind Iah."