Episode 90: Shattering Mask

- "The stars' light will dim as the world grows increasingly darker"

*Tahoma*

"Tahoma," Yuzuki called out. I opened my eyes and saw her bright blue eyes looking directly at me. She was trying to stifle a chuckle.

I rapidly sat up and wiped the drool from my face. "Need something?"

"You ended up falling asleep here," she responding, her laugh escaping.

My hands curled into fists. "Ya know. The day is still young. How about we finally have that rematch? If you defeat me, then you'll advance to rank fourteen!"

She crossed her arms in front of her chest and snickered. "Ah, why would you want to fight someone who is lower than you?" She turned around and nodded. "Alright, I'll fight you."

Yes! Finally I have a chance to show her how much I'd grown over the winter!

We both made our way to the ring without alerting the others.

"Stella Dragonis!" Yuzuki chanted. A long, pitch black dragon with eyes that glowed like red dwarfs manifested behind me.

I narrowed my eyes. Space magic wasn't going to stop me from finally overcoming Yuzuki's winning streak.

"Dragon-Skin!" I chanted softly. The skin of my hands heated up as it transformed into blue scales. Sharp silver claws replaced my nails.

Yuzuki warped behind me and used flames to propel herself twenty-feet into the air. As I watched her, the space dragon coiled around me.

I dove my claws into its scaly skin but what I found weren't scales. Gravity pulled me into the dragon's liquid like body. I closed my mouth, thinking that I would die from lack of air.

The dragon flew into the azure wonder as Yuzuki flew back down. She kicked the head of her own spell, sending it and me crashing into the cold, hard ground.

I coughed up a wad of blood as the space spell vanished. Why couldn't I touch her spell?

"Given up already?" Yuzuki asked as she used landed softly next to me. Her smile made my blood boil.

I pushed myself off of the ground. Wiping away the blood, I rushed at her. She moved left and then right, followed by leaping into the air once more.

Not letting down, I swipe at the air around me. Taking a deep breath, I summon my wand and transform it into its katana form.

Yuzuki summoned a silver wand and transformed it into a blue naginata with a crescent moon-shaped tip.

We clashed weapons, sending a shock-wave across the school park. Birds fled from their nests and insects emerged from their hiding spots.

"Damn, we forgot to put up the barrier," I said.

Yuzuki snapped her fingers, causing the circle to unleash a steady stream of light blue mana.

"There," she said, flashing me another smug grin. "Now we can fight to our heart's content."

I laughed as I wondered as to how long our battle would go on. The last time we fought, we lasted two hours. Neither of us could move the next day due to a lack of prana.

Yuzuki joined me as golden and azure sparks lit up the increasingly darkening park.

"Fighting without telling me?" asked someone.

Yuzuki and I broke away from one another and turned to see Orion and our dormmates. Accompanying them was also none other than Lei.

"Please, continue," said Kachina as she crossed her arms. "I'll fight the winner of this match."