Episode 110: Ill Omen

"The visions show the path...the darkness that will come to engulf the world"

*Iah*

A blond-haired girl wearing a horse mask blocked the way to the basement. She held Wanikiya in her arms.

"Wanikiya," Zelde yelled. "Let him go."

"Tsk. As expected, the weak one doesn't only get caught but used as a hostage for them to use to escape," Ayawamat said, shaking his head.

"He dies unless if you agree to leave this school," Kohaku said.

"Fine by me," Ayawamat said, grinning. He flung webbing at her.

"Stop it!" Zelde yelled.

Kohaku spun around and watched as the webbing covered the entrance to the tower. "Damn, I forgot that one of you was cruel enough to do this. Still. I really will kill him unless if you stop your friend here!"

"Don't count on it," Hal said. He threw needles at her but they all bounced back. "Metal." He summoned two needles. "Let's see if you can handle this."

Kohaku became completely covered in armor. A white horse manifested on the steps.

"Master," the creature said as it looked around the cramped space. "What do you need of me?"

Shiori ran in, covering the way back up. He was now wearing black leather armor similar to An's.

A black weasel appeared behind him. "Hehe, need my help? You must be desperate," the weasel said.

Shiori slapped himself and shook his head. "Shut up Ookaze. Damn, I didn't want to resort to summoning him."

"An unruly familiar huh?" An said as he came downstairs. "I can relate."

"What are you doing?" I asked, turning around.

"Ona and Ning gave me their prana." He looked down at his hands. "I will avenge them for what happened last year."

"Shut up, I'm nothing like you!" Shiori yelled. He touched the weasel and absorbed it. A storm of wind destroyed the upper floors of the tower and sent us flying straight into the forest. His teammates smiled as they watched from above, riding their familiars. For a brief moment, I could swear that we had died.

I looked around at my injured teammates but it was difficult to see with the wind blowing dust at my eyes. I contracted the dust into rocks. I took a step forward and stopped. I couldn't see very clearly, but I thought I saw Hikaru. It seemed as if his eyes were red.

I turned to look at the source of the wicked storm. Finally the wind cleared revealing a white haired child in the center of some boulders.

"No, this is bad," I said. I put my hands down on the ground and closed my eyes. I felt movement underground. Those still in the basement were fine.

Eien's eyes turned bright red and claws came out of his hands. "Time to get serious. Bow before me you three, for I am Eien Kasai no Ki Zettai, the second prince of Kyuu Seishin and thus your master."

Shiori stopped and bowed as if mind controlled. "Gah, how can your eyes be this strong when you're a half breed?"

Eien moved in front of him in the blink of an eye and kicked him in the gut, sending him flying into the top of the crater. "You like to act all superior yet you come from branches that should know how it feels to be treated as inferior simply due to your birth. You all know that we foxes are seen as superior."

Mayu nodded. "Even I can't deny that, you foxes are the rightful rulers of Kyuu Seishin."

"No," Miwa said. "That's not true. Our clan and our country had been ruled by rulers from each of the nine branches. In the ancient period we had a weasel queen, in the modern period we have had a cat king, and a fox queen."