[Revised/Edited] Episode 20: Coming Together

- "A journey is a moment of learning. It is not the end goal itself."

*Ulissis*

[A few minutes ago]

I sat down on one of the tables and caught my breath. "I should've stayed back with An and Sarah. Even walking this far is tiring me out."

"Yeah. You should have," Sarah said, smiling as she and An made their way toward us. "Mr. Pervert here can come in handy from time to time."

An sighed. "Please don't call me that."

"You made it," I said, eyes wide.

Alto looked around the crowded school hallway. "Where did that boy that you helped out go?"

"He left to get something to eat," Sarah said as she pressed her lips against the straw of her prana restoration potion. "Kind of surprised that he managed to keep up with us. Felt like he was going to fall behind."

"He even got ahead of us at some points," An said. "Although, I hope he doesn't get lost."

"That would suck, considering he only managed to make it thanks to the likes of you," Alban said as he sipped on his prana drink. He had used up a lot of his prana with the creation of all those walls at the train station. Though in the end it was for nothing, thanks to Sarah.

"Let's go get something to eat too," Arima said as she stood up from her seat. "What would you like?

"I'll go with you!" Alban put down his energy drink and stood up. "I'm starving!"

"I'm coming too," Alto said, standing up. He glanced at the halls leading to the cafeteria. The arch-heavy architecture of Mahpiya High bared a strong resemblance to the abandoned magic schools where we taught Melody, Jet, and the other neighborhood kids. It was as if we had been transported back home.

"Are you getting homesick?" Alban asked, watching Alto with curiosity.

Alto laughed. "Me?" He sighed. "Yeah, maybe a little."

I looked down. Wish I had a cellphone with me to call Enji and Mom. None of us could afford one thanks to how expensive they were back home. There were cheap ones available, but those were usually sold on the black market.

"Seems that Iah made new friends on the way here," Vermeil said, glancing at Iah's table. He seemed troubled by something, or someone.

"Should we join them?" Alto asked.

Vermeil surveyed the spacious cafeteria. Even with three hundred students, the place managed to look empty. "No, I think that we're better off eating at our own table."

"Mind if I join you?" someone called out. A white-haired boy with a masquerade mask stood behind the princess. A purplish-blue-haired girl wearing a spring dress accompanied the boy.

Sarah turned her head back. "Nuk." She smiled slightly. "So you made it. Thought you hadn't as I lost track of you on the way here." She eyed the girl. "Who is your friend?"

"This is Nahimana," the white-cloaked boy said.

"You know this guy?" Hal whispered.

"He's the guy who woke me up after Vermeil and you so rudely left me asleep on that bus."

Vermeil snickered. "Oh yeah. Sorry about that."

Nuk's eyes darted toward the twins seated with Iah. "Isn't that the prince of Mina sitting next to Lei and Yen? Iah Wudi?"

"Yeah," Nahimana responded.

Sarah narrowed her eyes. "How do you know who those two are?"

"I lived in this country years ago," he responded, running off. "Now, if you excuse me. I'm off to go order myself some honey steak!"