[Revised/Edited] Episode 34: Freezing Time

-"Time marches on, albeit slowly"

*Wanikiya*

Once we settled into our cabins, we joined back up with Nahimana and Lei's team. We returned to the elevator and took it to the lowest floor available. A battle arena as big as a sports stadium awaited us. Though the seats of the spectators were more comfortable than those of a stadium, resembling more those of a movie theater.

"Wow, this place is huge," I said, gawking.

The center of the arena was surrounded by light-blue tinted shields made of highly concentrated non-elemental prana. The prana making up the barrier was probably the equivalent of casting a hundred Glacius Draconis, a feat that would require a person having a Level-two Magicae Organum. In order to train a Magicae Organum beyond Level one, a person needed access to several low ranking herbs.

The herbs were easy to come by, but one also needed to use a special flame generated by an Altair stone to turn those common herbs into a highly potent elixir. The Altair stone was found only in the highest peaks on the continent, a dangerous feat to anyone, but the most experienced hikers. It was possible to purchase one, but its price tag was too high for most people. A poor person was better off climbing the mountain than getting themselves into a mountain of debt.

Lei and Yen nodded in agreement, too awestruck to speak. The ship already looked massive from the outside, but somehow it managed to be even bigger on the inside than any of us could've imagined.

"This arena is nothing compared to our school's gym," a voice called out from above us. A fifteen-year-old boy wearing a black yukata descended the steps, giving us a forced grin. His hair was as red as a fox's and his eyes were an icy blue that seemed like they could look into one's soul, and rip out their innermost secrets.

Iah scowled at the sight of the boy. "Why is the second prince of Kyuu Seishin here?"

"Eien," Adela said, a hint of bitterness in her voice.

"I'm just here to check out the new foreign talent is all," Eien said cheerfully, as he glanced over at the barrier. "I sure hope you give me a good show down there."

Lei scoffed as if Eien's comment had been a stupid question. "It will be the best tournament you've seen up to this point in your life!"

The Kyuu Seishinian prince covered his grin with his sleeve just like how Lady Zettai had done before. "I sure hope so." He stared at me, and his eyes grew colder. "How about you, are you entering?"

"I am, but I'm not sure if I'll last long," I responded

Eien covered his entire face this time as he chuckled. "Dude, your self-esteem is awful." He removed his sleeves from his face, revealing eyes devoid of sympathy. "Have some guts. You're a prince."

My fingers twitched as they started to curl. I wanted to punch this guy but I had to hold myself back. Nahimana had managed to keep the number of bullies to one, yet somehow someone just as bad as Ayawamat stood in front of me.

Ayawamat snickered. "I've been telling him that for ages."

"So, who is fighting in the first match?" I asked, trying to change the subject before I ended up freezing the two of them.

Eien's grin returned. "I'm not sure. Nor do I really care. I just want entertaining matches!"

"Sounds good to me," Ayawamat said, grinning.

"No matter who we battle, this should give us a chance to know each other better," Nyima said, pumping her fists in the air.

"That is right, a battle is a good way to get to know one another better," a voice called out. It was Xue, the silver haired girl on An's team. Of the ones Zelde fought by herself, she was the toughest one to face.