Episode 118: Representatives of Strength!

"The winds blow, the waves crash, the land moves slowly, and the flame burns"

*Iah*

"Are you nervous?" Nyima asked once we arrived at the stadium.

"Not at all," I said, grinning. "I actually can't wait to start."

"We will be fighting one another this time," Arima said, smiling at me.

I nodded.

"Hello there," Boukyaku said. Following him was Lucette. "Follow us, all the tournament representatives have to line up downstairs."

"So brother lost?" Vermeil said.

"Yeah," Lucette said. "Normally Vita and he are the representatives but this year they were out of their game. I think that your brother wanted to hurry and find you and your friends. Same goes for Vita."

Vermeil looked around. "Where are they?"

"Up here," Vita yelled. She was sitting next to Haroun in the seats on top of us.

Haroun leaned back on his seat. "I'll be representative next year, you'll see. Don't lose you two."

"We won't," Lucette said. She jumped down into the arena. Boukyaku, Arima, and I followed her.

"So you're this year's freshmen representatives," a guy with eyes like Kohaku's said. "Is it true that one of you defeated Shiori?"

"More like I finished him off," I said.

The boy chuckled. "Interesting, I never expected him to lose to a child, you're the youngest representative yet."

"How old are you?" Arima asked, side eying me.

"Thirteen," I said. "I will be fourteen in two months and twenty-one days."

"You skipped a grade or something?"
"Yup." I nodded and grinned. "I'm a genius after all."

"A genius, eh?" a young woman with messy brown hair said. "Then you better give us a good show, boy."

She glanced over at Arima. "Hey, aren't you a Sefan? I don't believe we've had a Sefan be a representative since a guy from the Opus clan."

Arima glanced over at Alto. "So it was his brother."

"That guy is his younger brother? I heard that his grandfather also participated as a representative and won. Too bad we can't face off against junior there."

Alto frowned as they looked at him.

We never did have our sparring match, did we?

The senior rep grinned. "Now I'm looking forward to this even more. Show us what you got, Arima."

"I look forward to it too," Ning said as she walked toward us.

"I guess I'm the last one," a familiar voice called out.  I turned around and saw Orichalcum.

"Arima, aren't these seniors stronger than Shiori and Kohaku?" I asked.

Arima's eyes bulged. "Probably."

"Shiori likes to brag about his strength but he is lacking in prana control," the male senior rep said. "Oh right, I'm Hitoshi, the second senior representatives."

"My name is Ning," An's childhood friend said.

"I'm Etsuko Inu," the other senior rep said. "I'm also the school president."

"I'm Lucette," Lucette said.

"You all know me," Boukyaku said with a grin. I guess he didn't feel the need for an introduction.