[Revised/Edited] Episode 68: Sibling Struggle

"There is a time in life in which we all must choose a path, be that path through land, through sea, or even through fire and air"

* Iah *

"What do you think you're doing?" a smug voice rang throughout the mountainside. Eien jumped down from a tree whose branches arched high above the cobblestone steps. "Sorry, Mr. Shui, but Sarah is a student here. I'm afraid we can't allow you to take her."

"That's right," Boukyaku said, ascending the steps. "I promised Sarah that I would help her stay here, and that's what I intend to do."

Sarah gave the Kyuu Seishinian princes a grateful smile.

She looked directly at her brother, her eyes gleamed with confidence. "Tell your knights to unhand me now, Brother, unless you desire to tarnish what's left of our alliance with this country," the Seran princess said.

Her brother grinned. "Sorry, Sis, but this place just isn't meant for a princess like you." He laughed even as three new arrivals descended the steps. They were Vita, Haroun, and Lucette. "It doesn't matter how many people you bring. You might be a more talented mage than me, dear sister. Yet, I am no slouch when in the field of magic either!"

I looked up at the sky. Long, thick volumes of water came down from the clouds as if they were flying snakes.

"This is bad," I said, stepping forward. Uncle Huang had previously told me that the Shui were of no use to Kyuu Seishin, having the weakest leader in the entire continent. Yet... No, I shouldn't have been surprised. Being the weakest amongst a group of powerhouses didn't necessarily mean that the man wasn't a powerhouse himself.

"Are you done now?" another new arrival said. Walking toward Boukyaku's team was Mr. Bruno, carrying a glass half filled with red wine. The man took a sip of the liquor and smiled at us as if we were friends at a gathering.

"We're almost done," Sera's King said, directing his eyes at his sister. He reverted the watery snakes back into clouds. "Sarah, the dorms here are in bad condition."

I glared at Obringo Bruno who somehow had gotten past Boukyaku's teammates.

"It's no thanks to that man behind you that we ended up with such crappy rooms!" I yelled, anger ready to explode.

Alto held an arm in front of me, blocking me from making another move. At first, I thought he still didn't believe what Ms. Key had told him, until he spat directly into his own president's wine.

Mr. Bruno dropped the glass, sending glass flying in all directions. He grinned. "Why did you go ahead and do that, child?" His eyes gave away the fakeness of his smile, he was ready to explode on his own countryman at any moment.

Alto laughed. "That's not even the worst you deserve. You know, I used to believe in your campaign promises, but in reality you're nothing more than a-" The president didn't let him finish, sending him crashing into a tree on the opposite side of the plaza.

I released my fists. The guy hadn't even lifted a finger, nor did he use wind magic to throw Alto that far.

"He's a psychic," An said, pulling out his sword.

I laughed at myself as An glared at the knights holding Sarah. 'Iah, you're being cowardly. Now isn't the moment to let others steal the spotlight, especially in front of the girls.'

I lifted monolithic-sized rocks from within the forest toward me. Shooting Obringo Bruno a glare, I said, "You're an adult, what are you doing sending your own future flying? Because that's what Alto is, he's the future of your country! You dare call him a child, but your refusal to accept criticism is rather childish itself."