[Revised/Edited] Episode 24: Teamwork

-"Go on and seize your future!"

*Wanikiya*

[Meanwhile- Mt. Wahkan]

"Are you alright?" Hikaru asked as he touched my shoulder. "You're freezing and you aren't using your magic at the moment."

I nodded. "Yeah." I looked down. Seemed the one inside of me was reacting, given how close we were to his throne.

"I can't shake him off!" Yen yelled as she sent sound waves at the purple-haired young man dressed in leather armor.

How could he be so fast while not dying of heat with that armor of his? It wasn't like we were at the summit of the mountain where it was cold.

"Telekinetic Ruptis!" the young man yelled, sending her crashing into the mountain side with a burst of psychic energy.

She quickly stood up and whipped blood away from her mouth.

"Yen!" Hikaru yelled as we ran to her aid.

Ice swords danced around me while Hikaru pointed metal feathers at the psychic.

Yen glanced up at me "Wait, why are there only two of you? Where's Zelde?"

"She's busy fending off the other three," Hikaru said.

Her turquoise eyes grew to the size of large grapes. "By herself? Is she insane? One of them is a water mage!" She slapped her face and shook her head. "That girl really is something."

I snickered. "Yeah."

"Psychicae Catenis!" the purple-haired boy yelled as he floated over the three of us. Violet aura-covered chains struck the ground underneath the three of us.

I threw my blades on the chains but they didn't shatter even as my ice magic spread throughout the otherworldly chains. Hika tried to stop them with his feathers as they got closer, but they were like flies to a truck. The chains constricted the three of us, keeping us hooked to the ground.

"Damn it!" Yen screamed, thrashing around to break free from the chains. "Wind Scythe!" She slashed the frozen chains, freeing herself and us. She rushed at the psychic who was gripping his head but slowed down as she reached him. "Hey. What's wrong?"

He shook his head. "Just a headache. Nothing more than a... side effect."

Yen slowly approached him. The purple aura that had once cloaked the boy subsided. Beating up people who couldn't move wasn't Yen's thing. But nor was underestimating her opponents.

Suddenly, several needles flew between the two, causing Yen to leap back.

"Who is there? Show yourself!" I yelled, forming arrows out of ice.

A boy with light brown hair jumped out of the ten-foot high tree. "Nice job, An. I'll take it from here," he said as he raised his hand. In between his fingers were needles laced in some kind of liquid.

"Is that poison?" Hika asked, gulping.

"Venom, actually," Yen said. "Poison is from touch, venom is injected."

Hika rolled his eyes.

I laughed nervously. Yen really could be a bit of a know-it-all at times. Yet she hated being corrected herself.

"T...thanks, Hal," An said, smiling as he closed his eyes.

Hal grinned at us. "A sound mage and an ice mage. Sound might be a tad hard to deal with. But ice isn't!" He threw his needles at me. The arrows struck the thin weapons with great precision but the needles easily passed through, leaving tiny holes within their tips and shafts.