Chapter 108: The Serpent and the Weasel

"The Dragon of Earth joins the fray to defend the freedom of his friends"

*Iah*

That Nyima, why did she care about how Yuuta was feeling? Did she develop some feelings for him while fighting him or something? No, probably before, she had spent a lot of time with him as when we were working on the festival. Gah, why did these thoughts even fill my head.

Ning and I handed Youko, Ren, and Nobuyuki over to the guards. While Ning went to meet back up with her fellow upperclassmen, I rushed back to the nurse's office. The festival had been canceled for the day as the heavy rain destroyed most of the stalls. 'Way to go Nyima!'

I stopped outside of the nurse's office. 'That Shiori guy did this to her and the others.'  I began my transformation process and went outside. I climbed the outer wall of the school and leaped into the roof, using my tail along the way like a wild monkey.

"Iah, this is a pleasant surprise," Eien said, huffing as he glanced at me. A giant eagle, falcon thing was fighting Shiori on equal footing. "An's familiar is taking care of Shiori. Let's go and back up the others."

"Will his bird be alright by itself?" I asked, glancing at it.

"Insolent child!" the bird yelled. "I'm a stage three familiar, of course I am fine by myself."

I snickered. "Just checking!"

An warped next to me. "I have also found Hikaru and Yen. Yen is being taken care of by a kid while Hikaru is within some ruins, fighting some beast."

I blinked a kid? Was it one that had come to see the festival? Hopefully he didn't end up getting hurt if so.

"Setsu, Shiori, Kohaku, and Mayu are the only ones left," Eien said, crossing his arms together. "Shiori on the run. Have you found the other two?"

"Setsu is in the ruins. It seems that Hikaru managed to defeat her. Wanikiya and Ulissis seem to be in pain but are alright," An said. "Mayu was likely going to use them to lure us into a trap. Hikaru is also currently in battle against 'Kitsune'. As for the last ones, I can't tell where they are."

Shiori slashed the air, striking Ying. "You have messed with me long enough!"

An spat out blood. "Ying, retreat." Ying's body dissolved into pink light.

"An!" Ning said, jumping up into the ceiling. She put a hand on his shoulder. She glared at Shiori as he landed on the rooftop.

The weasel wobbled. Blood was rolling down from his right arm. "Curses, I have to retreat." He transformed into a weasel and vanished in a gust of wind.

"Coward, he's just like Youko!" I yelled.

"I'll go after him," Ning volunteered, summoning her gun.

An grabbed her hand. "Wait, it's too dangerous."

Eien sat down. He was also bleeding. "What happened to the festival?"

"It was canceled thanks to Nyima's rain destroying the stalls and the parade," I said. 

"Yeah, that's why we're here," Ning said. "Tahoma and the others have spread out and are ready to aid the first years. Guess that you could say that Nyima's rain was a distress signal."

"That girl sure was crazy," Eien said with a grin. "Are all non-Kyuu Seishinian women like this?"

"I am not sure what you mean by that? I'm going to go find Mayu and save the guys." I paused. "If Setsu and 'Kitsune' are with Hikaru, Wanikiya, and Ulissis at a tower then that means that the remaining Mayu are Kohaku must be going up against Ayawamat and the girls."