[Revised/Edited] Episode 11: Noble Moon

-"Dance eternally, like the moons of this world."

[One day before the test- Nation of Mina]

*Adela*

"Finally, I've made it to Xiāogāng!" I said, sighing in relief. My ruby eyes peered at the city that ran from the hills, like the one I stood on, all the way to the sea thirty-something miles to the west. My cinnabar-colored robes swayed in the wind with each step I took, like the waters of a great stream going down a mountain.

I surveyed the white clay-tiled roofs of the houses and stores. They were a common sight in the western part of Mina. 'How long has it been since I last visited this place?' I smiled. Not that it mattered. This wasn't the kind of nostalgia I sought.

'Only a few more stops, then I'll finally be able to see the boy who changed my life. That's if he takes the test. But I'm sure he will.'

"This is where we part, Adela," my eldest brother said.

I looked over my shoulder and smiled back at the handsome black-haired young man. "Thanks, Xun. Take good care of Elliot." I glanced back at the city. "I'm afraid that he'll get in trouble." I raised my hands and lifted myself into the air. The combination of flight and my flowing robes probably made me look like a bird to the people below.

He folded his slender arms and frowned. "I'll keep him safe, but I also worry about you."

I stopped in mid-air and glanced back. "What do you mean?"

He sighed. "Your nightmares. They're becoming more persistent with each passing day. I fear that something bad might happen to you. The dreams of the High Priestess of Xian aren't ever simple. Mother was the same way. Grandmother also had the same experience, as did your other predecessors."

I closed my eyes and recalled the nightmare I had the night before. One in which darkness consumed me.

"Don't worry too much about me, Xun. I'll be fine. For one, it was a dream, not a vision like the ones I see when peering into a flame," I said, smiling. I sighed. "And second, I won't allow the darkness to consume the world." I placed a hand over my chest. "Even if I must sacrifice myself, I shall stop it, just like those who came before us did."

Brother furrowed his brow. "Please don't go that far. As someone who fought against the beings of darkness nearly a decade ago, I can say that they're not an easy opponent. It took people from three realms to push them back last time. And we barely won."

I kept my hand on my chest and looked straight into his blue eyes. "I will if I must. Our ancestors, including our parents, sacrificed their lives for the fate of our country and the universe as a whole. If that is to be my own fate, then so be it." 'But before that, I must gain strength in order to repeal it. As well as see that boy one more time.'

Xun shook his head at me. "Fine. All that I ask of you is to try and find a way to accomplish the salvation of the world without sacrifice. I'm certain it'll sadden the Goddess to lose another priestess so soon."

I nodded and turned away from him. The warmth of the rising sun hit my back. While I might've been willing to tribute my life, I wasn't suicidal. If possible, I would like to live beyond the upcoming conflict.

*Iah*

[Xiāogāng's Tai Harbor]

I smiled as the ship to Wahkan came into view. 'Finally! Can't believe that I made it here without her showing up.'

I glanced at the crowd for a green-haired girl with azure eyes, but there was no sign of such a person. Instead, I saw a woman with white hair that contrasted nicely with her dark skin pass by with a group of nine people around my age.