[Revised/Edited] Episode 75: Flames Within the Shadows

"Shadows envelop one's dreams"

*Adela*

After class, we waited what felt like an eternity for Mr. Suzuran to finish talking to Lei.

"When do you think that he'll get out?" Iah asked with a sigh. His hands rubbed his stomach. "I'm starving."

"You can go eat," I said, staying still. The door creaked open, causing Iah to jump.

"Ah, you're here!" he said, snickering.

Lei nodded as he walked out of the classroom, his face calm. His turquoise eyes landed upon me. "Are you fine? Did those kids stop picking on you?" he asked, walking over to me.

"They didn't bother me," I said, as I tried to hold back a smile. He extended his hand out to me, causing me to smile even more. I took his hand and raised from the floor. "Thanks for standing up for me. I'm sure they'll stop. You scared them pretty badly."

Lei let go of my hand and glanced at the pearly, white marble floor. "I hope so." His hands clenched into tight fists which let out tiny azure sparks. "The way they called you a witch made me feel sick." He stared at me with fierce eyes. "I won't allow anyone to bully you or the others. I won't allow anyone else... to be subjected to such treatment."

'What happened to him during these past few years? He used to be such a confident child. Was this all Ayawamat's doing?'

"Don't let those kids bother you," Ren said as he came out of the class. What had he been doing all this time? "They're just jealous of Adela's ability to make level three potions with cheap ingredients, and with ease too." He scratched his head as he looked at me, his face slightly red. "Uh, would you mind showing me one of these days how to make one as good as yours?"

"The first potion you made was quite good," I pointed out, glancing at the veil clenched in his hand. "Why didn't you show it to Mr. Suzuran?"

Ren rubbed the back of his head, laughing. "Thanks for the compliment but it wasn't that good, I can do better. I still have a long way to go. Anyway, see you later! I'm off to eat!" He rushed off in the direction of the cafeteria.

"Yes, it's time to eat!" Yen said, rubbing her stomach as she took a step forward. "I was starving!"

Lei sighed. "Sorry for making you wait for me."

"Don't mind her. You should know that she's always hungry," Hikaru exclaimed with a snicker. He turned to look at our team, his smile gone and his eyes narrowed. "Before we eat, you said you had something to tell us at the start of class. Did something happen during first period?"

"Renshu was right in warning us about some of the students here," Iah responded as he put his hands into the pockets of his black pants. He walked over to the opposite side of the hall before spinning to look at all of us. "Eight masked Kyuu Seishinian students attacked us."

"I wish I could say that I'm surprised, but I'm not," Zelde said, taking a deep breath. "The Kyuu Seishinians haven't been very welcoming thus far."

I had nearly forgotten that Zelde didn't like them either. Which shouldn't have happened considering how she yelled, "Die, Kyuu Seishinians!" during her ancient Wahkanian spirit possession.

"Can we handle them?" Wanikiya questioned, furrowing his brow with anxiety. "Were they strong?"

"We were saved by Eien," Nyima said, crossing her arms over her chest. "He scared the eight off before we could gauge their strength properly."

"Then they must either be weak or Eien is very strong," Yen said as she tapped her feet on the floor. "I want to fight him to see with my own eyes."

"Me, too," Lei said, leaning back on some lockers. "Plus, I still owe him a punch for what he did back on the ship."