[Revised/Edited] Episode 67: Discrimination

-"One must open their eyes to know the truth"

When we returned to Ryuu no Yama, we saw that the Kyuu Seishinians had already arrived. So we pushed our way across the waves of students moving around. Along the way, we saw several adults and even fellow students helping move furniture. That same furniture made the situation worse when we reached the dorms.

Those same people getting help were trying to get their stuff inside before the others. Some of the Kyuu Seishinians yelled at the workers, telling them to move faster. There were even a number that yelled obscenities.

One of those students turned to look at us. He gave us a toothy smile. "Look, if it isn't a group of barbarians."

I raised an eyebrow at him. Had he just called us a racial slur right in front of our faces?

"What did you just call us?" Ms. Key demanded, stomping over to him.

The boy snickered. "Nothing too eye raising, this is only my first time seeing a Wudi and Sefans."

The boy tried walking past us, but he wasn't going to get away. A wall of earth blocked his path down the cobble steps.

"Take that back," I commanded, glaring at him. The boy turned around, with his hands in the air and an innocent smile.

"What did I do wrong?" the boy said. He stuck out his tongue as if he might gag on his own words.

"You called us a bunch of barbarians," Alto said, stepping forward. He shook his head at the guy. "Didn't your parents teach you any manners?"

The Kyuu Seishinian gave out a belly laugh.

"What's so funny?" Ms. Key said as she took another step forward. She was now only a few inches from the guy.

"Nothing," the boy said, backing away slightly. He snapped his fingers, causing several of his moving helpers to put down what they were carrying.

"What's wrong, sir?" one of them asked. It was a feminine-looking boy, who at the same time looked masculine.

"Get rid of these three."

The androgynous boy shook his head. "What did they ever do to you? You are the one being rude here."

The boy glared at his worker. "You little... I'll have you thrown to the wolves, you stupid warlock."

The moving boy looked at his fellow workers, now positioned around us in a semi-circle.

"This is ridiculous," Ms. Key said. "Ona, you don't have to listen to this crude young man."

Ona stepped out of the semi-circle. "You're right... I'm tired of hearing my people being called 'witches' and 'warlocks'." He summoned his wand and pointed it at his former master. "I'll take care of them. You take the freshmen away."

Mrs. Key led us away but as she did, the sound of snapping fingers drew my attention. The moving guys broke the earth wall behind me. "I don't have time to deal with you. Bring the rest of my stuff." He returned to the boys' dorm, not knowing that hidden from view was something slippery...

I held back a snicker as I walked past him. The guy nearly slipped back, if it weren't for one of the moving guys catching him. The guy grumbled as he looked around, there was nothing there. Luckily, we didn't have to cross the steps covered in hidden bird poop.

The other boys had finished cleaning up the bird feathers when Alto and I returned to the boys' dorm.

"Where are the girls?" Alto said, looking around. "Did they return to their dorm?"