[Edited/Revised] Episode 105: Fierce Rain

"The Heavens Roar as the day of Judgment nears"

*Nyima*

An teleported us to a pristine white sand beach.

"You again," a voice called out. We turned and saw Nobuyuki run toward us. He slowed down and summoned his flaming Kunai. "Where did you come from? How did you find me?"

An unsheathed his sword from his back and pointed it at the cat boy. "You're the one who tried to intimidate Sarah, isn't that right? The one whom I fought in the forest." He smiled. "How about we settle that match once and for all?"

Nobuyuki stepped back and threw his burning weapon at him. 

I raised a long stream of water out of the sea, covering Nobuyuki's path and catching his kunai.

"Tell me, are you still on their side?" I asked.

Nobuyuki looked down. "I don't know. There are a few things I'll like to talk to Youko about before I make a choice."

"Gah," a girl yelled. I allowed the water to recede. For some reason, it was turning red.

Adela, who was a few feet away, turned to look at me. Her wand was covered in fresh blood. "I'm not afraid to kill if it means defending my friends," Adela said, yanking Youko by the hair.

Alto wielded lightning in his hands. "Neither am I."

"Please spare me," Youko cried, shutting her eyes.

Is this really Adela? Last time she acted remotely like this, was when she first met Boukyaku, but compared to now that was normal.

"Stop it," I yelled. "Don't you two see that you've beaten her into a bloody pulp? Don't become like her by covering your hands in her blood." I took in a deep breath, calming down my nerves. "Also, Adela, you're the Head Priestess of the Goddess of Light. Is this any way for a representative of the Goddess to behave?"

Adela pushed Youko into the sand. "I'll spare you but if you dare to attack my friends again then you won't be so lucky. Even the Goddess of Mercy doesn't shy away if she's wronged twice."

Shivers ran up my spine. Why do I feel bad for Youko and afraid of her?

"Something the matter?" Adela said. Her crimson eyes seemed bloody more than rosy.

I stepped away from her and shook my head. "No."

She walked past us and pointed her wand at Nobuyuki. "Are you here to back up your friend?"

Nobuyuki grabbed her wand and pushed her into the sand. "So I was right, you foreigners are as violent as Ren's mom and Mayu say you are!"

"Let her go!" Alto yelled, dashing at him. 

Nobuyuki pushed Adela away and blocked his attack.

Adela looked down at her blood-covered hands. Her eyes widened as if she barely realized what was going on. She curled up into a ball. "No, not again. I didn't mean to draw blood."

"Adela," I said, reaching out to touch her shoulder. She started to cry, so I hugged her tightly as Lei had done back on the boat. "Come, let's take Youko back to Koukyuu."

"I am a murder," Adela mumbled. "I...I'm even worse than Mayu."

"Her mental state is unstable," An said. "She needs some rest. Nobuyuki, come with us, you'll be able to question Youko back at school."

Nobuyuki backed away as he parried another of Alto's attacks. "After seeing the way your friends acted, why should I trust you? You are the same as us and yet you criticize us? You hate us as much as we hate you."