[Revised/Edited] Episode 59: School of Our Dreams

"The light is bright as their journey begins"

Previously on Novus Magus: The semi-finals of the tournament is over, and now we head directly toward the place of our dreams, Nine Petal Academy! Get ready Xeleria, a new star will soon be born!- Lei.

*Lei*

"I see it," I called out to everyone. The train was heading toward an island. A mountainous one with a five-story white castle standing in the southern central area of it. 'Am I dreaming?' was the first thing to have struck my mind when it actually came into full view.

I hadn't expected there to be a castle, despite having known that the institution itself was centuries old. The castle and the geography of the island weren't the only things I could see. I could make out more buildings despite still being miles from the center. Most seemed to be dorms, but there were also what appeared to be shops and even houses. Surrounding the castle were several two and three-story buildings separated by gardens of blooming cherry blossoms. As well as giant arenas, one close to the bridge we were speeding toward the island on.

As if this were not enough, there were several different kinds of trees with lush green auras peeping out from in between the field of pink. The falling cherry blossom petals over the white castle created such a mesmerizing scene that it felt as if I were in heaven.

I glanced over at Iah to see how he was reacting to all this, but he wasn't even paying any attention. Instead, his focus was on the island's waters, which were surrounded by a thirty-mile radius barrier that nearly seemed invisible except when the light hit it just right. "Why is the school surrounded by a barrier?" Iah wondered out loud.

"That's to avoid any attacks on the school," Eien said as he climbed to the dome on top of the bullet train, which gave one a 360 view of their surroundings.

'Here's our guide,' I thought to myself and laughed.

But even so, there was one doubt I couldn't voice out. I looked around and found Nyima staring at the barrier as if thinking the same thing I was. Protection from what? Had the school been attacked in the past?

'An attack... thinking about it, it did feel as if something similar happened in this country long ago. Was it when I came to visit this country years ago with my family?'

"By the way, once we arrive, I'd like to introduce you to my mother, the former queen of Kyuu Seishin," Eien's voice brought me back to reality. "I mean if she's around."

Iah smiled upon hearing those words. "So I'll finally get to meet the former ruler of Kyuu-Hyaku Clan."

"You mean your rival clan?" Eien pointed out.

To this, Iah gave him an impish smile. "I wouldn't go as far as to say that. I don't hold the grudges of my mother's clan, at least not very strongly. Well, I don't hold those of my father's either."

"Is that so?" The second prince watched as his home country got closer. "Then you don't hate me either?"

"You're annoying, but I would not say I hate you. I know it might be a cliche, but 'hate' really is a strong word," he said, walking away.

'Ah, do they have to be so serious?' I thought to myself, but I knew that the three of them being like that couldn't be helped. Well, more so Nyima. She was always so stern.

I spectated as Nyima grabbed Iah's arm, pulled him to the side, and leaned in closely.

"I don't trust him. You saw how he reacted when Lei asked him about having a demon in him, not to mention how he enjoyed seeing Zelde being controlled by the spirit within her," she whispered.