[Revised/Edited] Episode 55: Spirit Duel

-"The winds taper off, the fire dies down, the earth crumbles, and the waves calm down once more."

*Iah*

The bright green glow around Lei left his body. The energy concentrated into the form of a large dragon with a ghostly green aura. Lei looked at me with confidence one last time before falling to the floor, the energy keeping him from collapsing was now gone.

I dropped the giant rock of earth I had formed to defend myself from the dragon.

"Did I just win?" I asked, dumbfounded. The lingering wind dragon disintegrated into a ghostly wind, sending dust in all directions. I shielded my eyes and stood my ground as the wind pushed both of us to the sides.

Once the dust was cleared, I still remained standing.

I removed my arms from around my face and looked around at the clearly displeased audience. Most of them were Lei's friends, so to see him go out not with a bang, but with a whimper had to be heart-wrenching for them. Especially after his performance thus far.

"The winner of this match is Iah Wudi," Eien announced as he stood up. "Second match of round three will be Iah Vs. Nyima."

I held my hand out and turned the dust around Lei into sandstone to keep him from breathing any more of it in.

Yen, Nuk, Adela and Wanikiya ran over to see how Lei was doing.

"Brother," Yen said as Lei's breathing returned to being harsh.

"The fool," Nuk said, shaking his head. "Why does he continue to push himself like this? Why?"

Yen sighed. "You're not much better either."

Hmm? Did she pick that up after barely knowing him? Then again, I did get to pick up on Lei's habits in the short time I'd known him.

"How is he doing?" Zelde asked as she joined them. She stared at Lei as Adela healed him.

"He's going to be fine," Adela responded, pushing her hair back. "I'll fix him up."

Wanikiya laughed out of joy. "That's great!"

Zelde sighed with relief.

"Is it time for the finals now?" a voice echoed. A light blond-haired, pale-skinned man that looked to be in his mid-twenties entered the room.

"Brother," Koukyuu said, standing up.

"Brother?" Nyima asked as she stared at the new arrival.

"That's Eien's uncle. His name is Kei Kasai no Ki," I said.

"Did you just say Kasai no Ki?" Hikaru asked. "Then that other realm you spoke about earlier is-"

"Yes," Eien said, walking over to us. "I'm part angel."

All of us gave him distasteful looks, but not because he was part Zionian, rather, because of the stunt he pulled back on the ship.

He raised his hands in defeat. "Fine, fine, I'll leave you alone." He turned toward his uncle, aunt, and father. "Let's talk about tomorrow's Entrance Ceremony."

"Entrance Ceremony?" Alto asked.

"Nine Petal's where the true final will be hosted," Kei said with a smile. "In front of the entire student body to witness the strongest exchange student's rise."

Lei frowned as he woke up.

Nyima placed her hand on his shoulder. "Cheer up." She stared at where Lei's wounds once were. Her eyes widened as she saw they were gone.