Episode 113: Fall of the Serpent

"The Darkness of the Serpent threatens to destroy all, to revert the universe back to chaos..."

*Kun*

After dropping Serein, Azure, Celeste, and Shandian with Ry, I headed back toward the ruins.

"Kun," Nahimana waved. "Wanikiya is alright."

"That's great, now we just need to secure the remnants of these ruins." 

We headed back downstairs and saw the fox vanishing. I sighed as he did so. Would've liked one more hit on that guy. The way he treated my friends and Lei irked me so much!

"All is done here," Nyima's mother said. She glanced up at us. "You two...you're shards of the Goddess, aren't you?"

We nodded.

She nodded back. "I see. It's your duty to protect these ruins, perhaps more so than it is mine. I anticipated something was going to happen here, that's why I sent my daughter here."

"Duty, huh?" Hideo said, sighing nostalgically. "I feel sorry for you. Being a guardian is a tough job, especially against an eternal threat like The Abyss."

I shook my head. "One day the everlasting war will come to an end."

"That fox sure was harder than I thought," the king of Shui said, laughing.

"That thing was an illusion," Huang said, crossing his arms. He frowned. "Or so it seemed like one. Yet..." He scratched his head.

"Everyone, please leave these ruins, except for you two. I will need your help in sealing the area," Nyima said as shadows started to line the walls. "We got to reinforce the barrier. Once we're done here, could you two go to the various monuments like this one?"

I nodded. "Sure."

"You sure?" Nahimana asked.

I shrugged. "We got to do this. It's our mission."

"You've got a good sense of duty," Grace Xian said as she descended the steps. "Seems I'm late for the party."

"Priestess Regnant," I said, bowing. "You grace us with your presence."

She grinned. "You're an odd one. Did you also bow before the true priestess? Adela is the true title holder."

I laughed. "Well, it's kind of weird considering that she's around my age. Plus, she seems to like my brother."

She blinked. "Lei? I do recall seeing them together during the opening ceremony days ago. Is he alright?"

I grinned. "Yup... or at least I hope he'll be." I glanced back at the hole the serpent had made in the center of the ruins. That thing was still out there...

*Adela*

"Ahhh!" the serpent roared once we returned to the school. The serpent was being attacked by sand.

"It's Miwa's sand," Eien said.

Miwa grinned. "It finally kicked in."

Arima surrounded the serpent with spirits while Koukyuu slashed it with light. The light was barely doing much damage but it was more than what Boukyaku and the others had done to it when under Mayu's control.

The snake glared at me. "You ruined my plans."

Everyone except for those who saw me turned to look at me.

I smiled. "You were just in my path to get revenge on Mayu and the others for hurting my friends."

The snake's eyes turned to Lei. "You're just like Mayu."