[Revised/Edited] Episode 28: The Child of Water

- "The Savior of the worlds shall be anointed."

*Lei*

- "The Savior of the worlds shall be anointed."

*Lei*

"Mom!" I yelled, rushing downstairs. I found her helping Shǎndiàn put on his backpack. It was the same bear pack Kun used when he was his age. Today was Shan's first day of kindergarten.

"What's wrong?" she asked, glancing at me. "Did you lose something?"

"Are Dad, Yen, and Nuk still here?" I asked, running in place.

She shook her head. "No. They left without you to the ceremony. But if you..."

My turquoise eyes widened. "They left?"

"Yeah, as I was saying, if you..."

I rushed out the door before Mama could finish.

*Shandian*

"Goddess. That child is so impatient," Mama said, sighing. "The ceremony doesn't start for a good amount of time. Your father should be back in time to take him."

I nodded. "He sure is. But Yen is too, for hurrying Daddy up. They should've listened to Kun."

Mama snickered. "Yeah." Her smile faded. "Your big brother Kun would've told them to wait for Lei. Out of the three, he was the one with the most patience."

I laughed weakly. "Yeah, he is... I mean, was."

She blinked. "You're hiding something, aren't you? You were two when Kun died, so how would you figure he would've told your dad to wait?"

I scratched my head. As I thought, I couldn't keep Nuk's identity hidden for long.

"Like my backpack?" I asked, turning around.

She chuckled. "It's cute. Too bad Lei's got ruined."

I blinked. "It did. How?"

"Yen said a kid put a bunch of honey into it. I tried salvaging it, but it was still too sticky."

Was it that bully Lei would sometimes mention? I curled my hands into fists. If anyone tried that on my pack, I would beat them up!

Mama grabbed my hand. "Well, let's get going."

I beamed. "Okay!"

She giggled. "On the way there, I expect you to tell me who this 'Nuk' really is."

I gulped. Mommy tricked me!

*Lei*

I kept walking along the edge of the beach until I came across a pair of blue-haired siblings. The two of them were watching the sea from the edge of the sea-cliff outside of their house. The youngest one looked a lot like my aunt Ocarina's husband, Eri. He had the same messy spiky hair, and even the same face. The biggest difference was that he had gotten Ocarina's sapphire-blue eyes and his skin was brown.

"Come on, Serein, it's almost time for us to get ready for school," the older boy said. He sighed. "I can't believe we go though this much trouble for a couple hours of class." He got up from the edge of the cliff and ran towards their sky-blue two-story house, the same house where I once lived from birth up to when I was the age of the older brother, seven.

Serein got up to chase his brother but stopped as soon as he noticed me. He stepped away from me until he compared my appearance to that of his older brother's.

"You two are up early," I said as I jumped over the low-lying cliff. I smiled warmly. "Say hello to my aunt for me."

Raul snickered. His light blue eyes had an impish glow to them. "We're not up early. You're just up late."