[Revised/Edited] Episode 57: Resentment

-"Forgiving another doesn't come easy. It is a lot of hard work, but once one has, it's like lifting a weight off of one's shoulders."

*Nyima*

Iah's smile vanished. "Wait a sec. Did you just call me 'boy'? Tsk. I see, you aren't even taking me seriously. I'm going to have to fix that!" The earth around me rose. "Terra Draconis!" One last earth dragon coiled itself around me. "That should restrict your water spells."

"Lux gladius!" A sword made out of light stabbed through the dragon's rock hard skin. I raised my blade toward the ceiling, cutting the dragon in half with ease while coughing blood out.

"You're injured, it's best if you give up," Iah said, shaking his head. "Look at what happened with Adela and Lei."

I gave him a thin smile. "You never go easy on anyone, do you?"

He gave me one last smile before he vanished and struck my neck like how he had with Yen, causing me to fall.

'I can't move. Damn it, I forgot that he knows how to hit one's pressure points.'

"Pressure points," he said. "They're quite useful when you want to quiet opponents that don't know how to give up."

"Is... that... so?" I said, slowly budging. "You should've used it against Lei too, just like you did with Yen."

He quickly moved the earth to shackle her arms and legs. "How did you-"

I put my head down. "Caelum..." I coughed out blobs of blood.

Lei ran up to the barrier. "Stop it!" Lei shouted, banging on it.

Iah snickered. "Oi, how the tables have turned. Before others were yelling at him to end the fight despite his thick-headedness. Now look at him."

"Is Nyima out of prana?" Zelde asked.

"No," Adela said. "She still has a lot of it... it's just clogged up thanks to Iah's attacks. Nyima must be trying to force it out."

"Just like in my battle with him," Yen said.

"What about this 'mana' you mentioned? She's a light mage too. Can't she use that?" Wanikiya asked.

She frowned. "Mana is drawn from the surrounding environment. Due to her prana being clogged she can't call upon it to help her draw mana toward her. Not to mention that Iah's attacks inflicted physical damage. That's why she's bleeding, while Yen didn't."

I smiled at my opponent. "I hate to admit it...but I can't manifest any more magic..."

Eien rose up from his seat, clapping loudly. "Bravo, both of you provided a most exhilarating match. I'm sad to see that only one of you may be the winner but there must be one, in this case it was Iah no Mikoto."

Iah dropped to the floor and gave them a thumbs up before falling unconscious.

I stared weakly as the earth shackles slowly broke. "Darn...should've...tried...staying up...for a...few more..." I felt someone catch me. My vision was going but I managed to see honey brown hair before I could no longer stay awake.

*Adela*

"You did well," Lei said, holding Nyima tightly in his arms.

"You too," I said, picking up Iah.

"We should go rest," Eien said. "We'll be leaving tonight so that we can arrive at Nine Petal Academy by daybreak tomorrow."

"Finally, you hear that Nyima? We will be arriving at our destination soon," Lei whispered.

"You sound like a dad," I said, snickering.