94

I was planning on going to my doctors appointment alone to confirm the news, but I couldn't follow through with it. I had to tell Odell because I know he would be crushed if he doesn't find out soon. I have my doctors appointment today and our kids were in school/preschool and my mom had Carter. I haven't told my mom that I'm pregnant either, the only person who knows is Jarvis, however she did agree to babysit because I told her I had some errands to run.

I reluctantly pick up the phone and call Odell. He answers on the first ring almost as if he's been waiting for my call. "Hello?" I say quickly as soon as he answers the phone. "Hey Lex what's up?" He says. "Wait hold on let me go to a quieter room because I'm at practice and they loud." He says. This gives me a few seconds to think about what I want to say to him.

"Alright, sorry about that." He says quickly. "Well I was just calling to tell you that I have a doctors appointment today...and I think you might want to be there." I say quickly, but very awkwardly. "Alright, I'll pick you up, tell me what time you need to be there...are you okay? Do you feel okay?" He asks me. "Well yeah, but I need to be there at 1." I say. "Alright let me get out of here I'll be right over, but what is the appointment for?" He asks. "I'll tell you when you get here...okay?" I say to him. "Okay see you soon." He says.

When he arrives to the house I'm filled with nerves, how do I tell Odell that I'm pregnant again? How do I explain to him that I told his best friend and not him the father of my child...

When he gets here he doesn't knock he just barges in. My mom took Carter and the kids were at school so it was just us in the house.

"Hey, Lex tell me what's wrong.." he says and I know he's really worried, he's probably been stressing out ever since I called him. I don't know how to tell him, I wish I saved the pregnancy tests to just let those do all of the talking.

"So a few days ago I took a test..." I start. "What are you talking about?" He says. "Okay...I don't know I started feeling different, and I told Jarvis about it. So he brought me some pregnancy tests...they all came back positive..." I say slowly to Odell. I see his face go through a whole range of emotions as he processes this information.

"Alright so you're pregnant..." he says slowly. I nod. "And it's Jarvis's baby?" He asks. I almost want to smack him because he's implying that I'm fucking his best friend!

"It's your child..." I say quietly. "That's my child?" He says as he sits down on the couch and tries to process things. "You just implied that I'm messing around with Jarvis though, Odell you really think I'd stoop that low?" I ask him. "No Lex I'm sorry, me and Jar just ain't been seeing eye to eye lately, he spends a lot of time with you and I'm jealous, he never tells me how things about you are going so I just assumed he didn't because you guys were feeling each other." He says to me. "Look Odell he was just keeping my secrets, I haven't been with anyone except you, I'm positive this baby was conceived on that last night we had together..." I say trailing off because again we never talk about it.

"We're having another baby?" He asks me. I nod. "Can you sit for a second..?" He asks me. I sit next to him and he grabs my hand. "You're going to give birth to another one of my children?" He asks me. "Yes, I know it's not the right time but I'm pregnant so it's too late." I say. "It's the best news I've heard in a while, I can't believe we're having another baby, man we're bringing another child into this world and things aren't great but I couldn't be happier lex." He says as he starts to smile. "You're not mad?" I ask him. "Why do you always think I'm going to be mad about us making babies? Lex I love my children, I love you, and I'm going to keep loving both." He says. "Well can we talk about this later I have a doctors appointment soon." I say. "What are we finding out today?" He asks me. "If I'm actually pregnant, I know I am but we need them to confirm things." I reply.

He takes me to the doctors and he's anxious because my last pregnancy was a mess so now he's all overprotective of me but it's okay. When we arrive it's deja vu. All the big bellies in the waiting room the smell of baby lotion which is weird because no one there has a baby yet and I don't know what to do. Odell however I sitting next to me holding my hand and it's weird because we aren't together, but right now it feels like we are.

When we get called to the doctors office I'm pretty calm this is my third go at this and I'm pretty much a pro at this.

"Hey Ms. Beckham." The doctor says as I walk in. "Hey Dr. Reynolds." I reply. "So you came for a pregnancy test today? I can't believe I was just checking your first child almost 4 years ago." The doctor says. "I know she's so big now!" I reply. "I bet she's beautiful!" The doctor replies. "She is she looks just like Odell though, however Carter she looks like me!" I say. "She's doing okay now? No complications?" She asks me. "Nope I have a healthy baby girl and I couldn't be happier!" I say. "Well congratulations to the both of you, now here let's do a urine and blood test." The doctor says.

I quickly go to the bathroom and pee in one of the cups they have in there and I place it in the bag and hand it to one of the nurses then I walk back into the room. Odell's leg is bouncing up and down, I can tell he's nervous. He always is when it comes to our kids it's so cute.

When I come back in a nurse sets me up on the table so she can draw my blood. I quickly brace myself for the unpleasantness of the needle. It was a quick affair she had the needle in and out in about 30 seconds.

"Alright so now we wait." She says as she walks out of the room. "I know I'm pregnant I don't know why I'm nervous.." I say to Odell. "I'm nervous, Lex. We've been here before but this is another baby.." he says to me.

When they come back they just confirm our news...we're having a child. "Doc is there any test you can run to tell us if my wife is going to have complications again? I want to prevent that situation all together so I need all the help I can get.." Odell says as he places his hand on mine. "We are going to monitor this baby closely, there is no need to worry, if anything changes we will let you know and determine the best course of action.." she says to Odell. "Alright thank you." He replies.

----

"Odell I know this changes everything but I'm still filing for a divorce..." I say while he is driving us back to my house. "Alexis come on, can you think about this...like we have five kids now, that's not fair." He says. "Nah what's not fair is the fact that you cheating on me..." I reply calmly. "Alexis atleast think it through..." he says. "Whatever Odell." I reply. "Lex, I know you stressed out and need time to think, I can take the kids today, to spend some time with them.." he says to me. "Alright if you want to I guess.." I say because I don't want to part with my babies but I do need some alone time to clear my head.

"Alright I'll pick them up today, but where is Carter?" He asks. "With my mother." I reply because I know he already knows this.

When we get to the house he puts the car in park and sits for a second. "Hey can I come in?" He asks. "I guess." I reply as I hop out of his car and walk into my house.

"So I've been thinking, we should spend more time as a family...all of the back and forth is going to frustrate our kids.." he says. "Okay Odell...can I tell you something?" I say to him.

"Yeah what's up?" He says as he follows me to the living room. "I love you, I can't breath without you Odell...I just want to be with you.." I say almost emotionless. "I love you alright? Alexis just give me a chance please." He says. "I'm sorry for telling you that.." I say regretting my little outburst of emotions. I just can't control myself, I love Odell but he hurt me and it's getting old now but I don't know what else to do.