77

"Aye I'll be back in a few, call me when my baby wakes up." Odell says. "Alright man I'll wait for you here." Jarvis says because he came over to our house today. I'm staying home with Ava because she has a cold but she's asleep now. Odell has a meeting he has to go to so I'm just staying home with Jarvis and Ava I guess.

"Bye baby." Odell says as he kisses my cheek. "Bye I'll let you know if anything happens with Avs." I say. He runs up the stairs probably to kiss Ava goodbye and then he's out the door.

"So how is Amy?" I ask Jarvis. "She's home with Britt." He replies. "So what about the baby? How far along is Britt?" I ask. "She's almost 6 months.." he says. "Wow! And you guys just noticed?" I ask. "Well we thought she was just stressed plus she didn't tell me nothing till she knew something was up." He says. "Sounds like her." I reply.

My phone starts ringing so I get off the couch and tell Jarvis I'll be back. It's the Doctor calling so I'm assuming it's my test results.

"Hello is this Ms. Alexis Beckham?" The person asks. "Yes it is." I reply. "Alright your doctor wants to personally tell you your results." The lady says. "Alright." I respond. She then transfers me to my doctor and I brace myself for whatever bad news he has to tell me.

"Hello Alexis I hope you're doing well." He says. "Yeah mostly." I reply. "Alright so I wanted to personally inform you that your test results came back and we found the hormone hCG in your blood results, if you didn't know that's a pregnancy hormone." He says to me. "So does that mean I'm pregnant?" I ask obviously knowing the answer to that. "Actually yes, however we did find that you have extremely high blood sugar, so I want to bring you back in because I suspect it's Gestational diabetes, we also noticed that you had a relatively high blood pressure so it'd be good to check that out also." He says to me. "Okay uhm when can I come in?" I say shakily. "How about on Tuesday at 10:30?" He says. "Alright I'll see you then." I reply. As soon as he hangs up I accidentally drop my phone.

"You alright? Wait are you pregnant?" Jarvis asks me. "Uhm...uh.." I say trying to pick up my phone nervously. "Aye Alexis what's wrong?" Jarvis says as comes up to me. He puts an arm around me and guides me to a couch.

"Yeah I'm pregnant.." I say. "Isn't that good?" He asks. "No...not at all..." I say because right now all I'm thinking about is Odell repeating that he doesn't want more kids, he's made it clear that he doesn't want anymore and that he ain't going be happy if I'm pregnant again. Like it's a crazy thought but I'm scared about what Odell will say or do I know he's going to be pissed..

"Why isn't it good Lex?" Jarvis asks me. "Odell doesn't want more kids...promise me you won't tell him Jarvis.." I say. "I won't but I doubt he doesn't want more.." Jarvis says. "He doesn't Jarvis, he tells me like everyday, I don't know what I'm going to do.." I say. "Well you gotta tell him." Jarvis says. "I know but how am I going to tell him..?" I ask. "I don't know but I know Odell and he isn't going to be mad trust me." Jarvis says. "I don't know.." I say. "Well you do whatever I respect your decision either way." Jarvis says. "Thank you.." I reply. "I'm happy for y'all though, I don't think you should be scared of Dell's reaction but just do it how you can." Jarvis says. "He's going to be pissed like he tells me all the time that he doesn't want anymore kids and now I'm
pregnant." I say. "Like how am I suppose to tell him that? He's going to be so mad at me.." I say as I bury my head in my hands. "You're over reacting..Lex you know Odell loves you and all you're kids. This isn't any different." Jarvis says. I know he's right but it's nerve racking.

Before Jarvis can say anything I hear a cry from upstairs. "Don't worry I'll get her." Jarvis says. He gets off the couch and runs up the stairs to get Ava. He comes back downstairs with her in his arms with her head laying on his shoulder. She's rubbing her eyes but at least she's not crying.