78

I've been hiding this pregnancy from Odell for a few days now, unfortunately I have nausea and I haven't thrown up yet but one day I will and Odell will see. I have my doctors appointment today to check out the baby and the high blood sugar the doctor found. It's 5 in the morning and right now I'm hovering over the toilet with the bathroom door locked and the sink on so Odell won't hear me emptying my stomach contents. I woke up about 10 minutes ago as I ran to the bathroom because I felt a wave of nausea in my sleep. However when I got to the bathroom it just made it worse.

I tried to wash my face with water but that didn't help. I now bent over the toilet as I started to throw up. It didn't take long for the bathroom door to open and for a concerned Odell to walk in. He knelt down by my side and rubbed my back until I was done. I then went to the sink to brush my teeth and Odell just stood their waiting. "Are you okay?" He asks me. "Yeah I'm fine." I reply. I ask try to walk past him to the bed. He gently grabs my arm and stops me from walking away.

"Alexis can you tell me what's wrong? Like do you know?" He asks. "Well...uhm..." I say trying to figure out if I want to tell him I'm pregnant, I mean I have to right?

"Come on Alexis, I just want to take care of you..tell me please." He says. "Well uhm I didn't know how to tell you...because I still don't think this is what you'd want but uhm...Odell I have to tell you something but you have to promise not to get mad.." I say. "What are you talking about why would I be mad?" He asks. I look down and look back up at him and then I take a deep breath.

"I'm pregnant again...we have a baby on the way...I didn't want you to know because I know you don't want anymore kids but I'm happy you know with another baby." I say to him. "Shit..." he starts off and I can tell he isn't happy...

"I'm sorry Odell...I don't even know what to say.." I say to him. "No I'm saying that because how could I be such an asshole to let you think I don't want more of your babies..like I want a million of them...I was just stressed when I said that, I didn't want you to be scared of telling me anything, plus I'm happy with us having another baby.." he says. "You are...?" I ask him.

"Well duh, we got our own little family, you know I love you and everyone of our kids! Even this little guy or girl.." he says as he gently touches my flat stomach. "Well good, because I'm really happy with another baby, Ava was growing up to fast!" I say. "I know..." Odell says. "Anyways I have a doctors appointment today, I was hoping you could come..?" I ask him. "Uh what time?" He asks me.

"10:30.." I reply. "Well I had something to do, but you're more important." He says. "Really?" I ask him. "Yeah...you know this my schedule clears whenever my wife needs me." He says. "Good, now lets go to bed before all the kiddos wake up.." I say as I grab his hand and lead him to bed. "Actually I'll meet you there I want to check up on our babies.." he says. I roll my eyes because he always does morning rounds on all of them and always shows back up with one or all of them!

"Look who I found up today!" He says as he returns from his 'morning rounds'. I see him holding Ava who is super tired but is here with wide eyes. Odell places her on the bed with us and then he climbs in.

"Excuse me missy why are you up so early today?" I ask Ava. She just stares at me and smiles. Gosh this baby looks just like Odell...same face she just has my eyes.

"Ava did you know your mommy is going to have a new baby?" Odell says. I roll my eyes at Odell because he just talks and talks and talks. Ava is still groggy so she's just laying between us. I hug her towards me and I kiss her a million times.

"Anyways what time is it babe?" I ask Odell. "It's 7.."he replies. "I can start getting Kenz and Sonny ready." I say. "You sure?" Odell asks me. "Yup.." I respond as I get up. Odell hugs Ava close to him as I let go of her. She's back to sleep..

I go and I wake Kenzie up. "Morning princess, you ready to wake up?" I ask her. She shakes her head. "Come on we gotta get you in the bath." I say. I pick her up and I take her to the bath.

I then go and do the same with Sonny, he's a bit easier to wake up. He's more of the sunshine in the morning. I take him to his bath and then then I go put his clothes on the bed and then I do the same to Kenzie.

After I get them dressed Odell is already downstairs with breakfast and somehow he took a bath. Even Ava is down here in her high chair. She's eating Honey Nut Cheerios, it's the only cereal she'll eat. She'll try Apple Jacks and captain crunch but that's only when she's in the mood.

I run upstairs to take a bath so I can drive them to school. Me and Odell switch everyday and then usually on Fridays we go together. It's difficult to get Odell involved in the family life sometimes because he's not just an NFL player, he's also a celebrity in the sense that people want to see him, they want him to be in commercials, they want him to host events, they just want him everywhere. I understand it though, I'm just selfish and I want him home with me and our family but I know I can't have everything. The thing is that at least he's trying and that's good enough for me.

When I come back downstairs everyone is helping clean up the kitchen. "Are you guys ready to go?" I ask. "Yeah!" They say as they run towards me. "Ay don't forget your book bags!" Odell yells. They run back to get them and then they are ready to go.

"So are you guys excited for school?" I ask them as they get in the car. They say yes and proceed to tell me what they're learning and I just nod along because I love when they talk to me and tell me about their lives.

When it's time to take them to school, since they are at a new school they just get off in the carpool line I don't have to take them inside and it's not that fun because they are growing up way to fast and it's not okay! I want babies not growing little people! 

When I got home Nana Gina was already home with Ava and Odell was playing madden and I thought he'd be over this because he's almost 30! I go and I pat his head and tell him to get up so we can go.

He drives to the doctors office and he's already getting fidgety. He's a nervous wreck when it comes to me or kids and most people don't even notice. I do though he starts to try to distract himself by drumming a beat on the steering wheel with his fingers or one of his legs starts shaking or something of the sort.

At the doctors Odell had a whole list of questions that I'm so curious on how he came up with them so fast from this morning until now!

However we did find out that I have pregnancy diabetes so I have to get a nutritionist to get me on a meal plan and I'm going to need insulin. I also have extremely high blood pressure so there's that. The doctor told us that I'm three months pregnant and that's crazy that I didn't notice I didn't get my period for three months.

"So do we know the gender yet?" Odell asks. "No not yet it's to early to tell." The doctor tells him. Odell wasn't happy with the doctors visit I could tell, it was nerve racking for both of us for me to find out I have pregnancy diabetes because that creates so many types of complications with the baby.

I'm happy that Odell is happy with me being pregnant because I don't know what I'd do. Odell is like my only friend so I need him because like what would I do if me and him disagreed about another child?

"Soooo..." I say as we get back in the car. "I mean it seems okay? You know, I don't think we should worry." Odell replies. "Yeah but what about us, me being pregnant again..you know so unexpected." I say. "I think God is sending us an angel, because the first time was unexpected this is just a happy family welcoming one more.." Odell says. "You're so optimistic you know that?" I say as I grab his free hand. "I gotta be I got three children who still believe in Santa, the tooth fairy and all of that stuff." He says. "Actually its four..." I whisper. He rolls his eyes at me.