45

I hear a text on my phone and I wasn't really up for reply but it woke me up so I grabbed my phone and checked to see who it was. It was Alexis, I was way to excited to see this even though it's been almost three days since she left the hospital but I guess she needed her time and I respect that.

I texted back and we ended up making plans to meet up later. His worked for me since I'm not doing much today. We agreed that I would go pick her up since she's not cleared for driving yet. I was pretty nervous to go see her because it's like a new relationship I don't know how to act around her. It seems simple enough because it's the same person but I don't know something is off.

I got ready and I have no idea what I'm going to do with her. I don't know where to take her, but I guess we can figure it out.

When I arrive at her parents house I text her and she tells me to come in that no one is home. I go to the front door and she opens it for me. "Hey pretty lady." I say. Her face turns a bright shade of crimson and she smiles at me. "Hey Odell, sorry I didn't call sooner I was getting used to my parents house and I was spending time with our baby Santa." She says playfully. I reach down and I pick up the puppy and I pet him for a while. "I miss him." I say slowly.

"Anyways I'm hungry.." she says. "Okay I know exactly where to go, maybe even bring back some memories...who knows.." I say. "Okay then I guess so, where?" She asks. "Where we met.." I say. "Oh that might just work!" She says. "Hey you know Steph Curry?" She asks me. "Yeah." I reply. "Well dad told me I knew him so I texted and talked to his wife and daughters and I feel like I know them, maybe my memory is coming back." She says excitedly. "I hope it is." I say. "You just want your girl back, don't think I didn't see them pictures in my 'special' camera roll. I gotta admit I'm impressed though." She says with a smirk. I roll my eyes at her because this is exactly how my Alexis acted.

"I do actually not just for that, but that was my girl's best friend.." I say with a wink. "Oh god stop.." she says as she smacks my arm playfully. "Give me a second." She says as she puts on sunglasses and a jacket to cover her bruises and cuts up. I think she looks beautiful but I know her better than to try to talk her out of it.

We walk outside and I open the car door for her and then I run over to my side to turn on the car. I drive her to the place and I'm super excited to be back here which ironically we have never been back to this place together after the day we met.

I drive to the place which is kind of far but it's okay I got to spend time with her in the car and somehow she knew all the words to these songs that came out just weeks and months ago. It was strange because she forgot almost two years but maybe the music she didn't forget.

I took her to the café and when we got there it was pretty empty. "Alright so I'm going to order you something you got on the day we met, if you hungry though order some food too." I say. "Alright just get me something you think I'd like, I know you probably know everything I eat." She says playfully. "Alright get a table I'll be over in a minute." I say. She nods and she goes over to the table she was sitting at when we first met, it was crazy, maybe she does remember something...

I order the cinnamon buns, and the caramel frozen coffee and then I order her a sandwich that she usually gets from other places. I order myself a bagel and cream cheese since I'm not to hungry, I'm more nervous. I carry the food over to her and she smiles at me. I place the food down and I know her mouth is watering.

"Okay wow, you did know me pretty well.." she says slowly. "I like to think so." I reply. "Oh hush! But anyways so can you explain how we met?" She asks me. "Okay so I was sitting over there." I say as I point to the table I was at. "And I was going over my NFL contract, then I see your cute ass walk up to the counter and ask for a cinnamon bun, so after you get back to your table I go up to you real smooth and you shut me down, but I ask your friend at the counter and she give me some background on you then I try again and the real kicker is that I still ain't get your number." I say to her and all she does is laugh but I can see this is something she would of probably of done now.

"Well here we are so I think you got it eventually." She says to me. "Have no idea.." I reply. "Anyways this food tastes familiar, it's like I can remember the taste but I don't know why or how." She says to me. "Well I think it's your subconscious, don't think to much about it." I say to her. "I thought you want me to remember things.." she says to me. "I do but I don't want you to be stressed about it I'm just grateful you here." I say as I grab her hand. She messes with my hand subconsciously and her touch sends sparks up my arm and I feel everything I felt the first time me and her touched.

"I want to remember everything though, it sounds like I had everything together...and my life was great, I mean I had a good boyfriend who really cared about me and now I don't remember a thing.." she says. "It's just life things happen but it's going be alright, you still got all of it just gotta make new memories." I say to her. "Can we go? I think we should be in a more private place.." she says. "I ain't trynna end this date I just want to go to my parents house and maybe talk there?" She says to me. "Alright that sounds good." I reply as I get up. I follow her back to my car and we get in and drive off.

I drive to her house and still no one is home but that's okay it makes things less awkward. I follow her up the stairs to her room and she closes the door behind me, a habit she's always had she's super OCD about doors and likes to keep them closed, however I prefer them open mostly cause I'm lazy and I don't care but at least me and her get some privacy.

"Hold on I gotta take some pills." She says. I nod and she goes downstairs to drink the pills the doctor gave her for her concussion/memory loss/ brain damage, and then pain killers for her knee and all the other injuries she got during the accident.

"Lex take off them glasses, I know you bruised up but you look beautiful." I say to her. I see her trying to hold back a smile but then she removes her sun glasses, and the hat and I see her bruises but I still find her gorgeous.

"So what did we do when we were alone?" She asks me. "Well when we weren't doing rated R things...we cuddled a lot.." I say. "Aw you're a big baby aren't you?" She asks me. "I guess you could say that." I reply.

"I feel like a teenager, I mean I know I'm not but this little childish crush I got on you, maybe because you are to good to me.." she says. "Just relax, I know you as nervous as I am but relax, ain't no pressure on you, I'm just trying to make sure you're okay." I say to her because she seems so tense.

"I'm trying but this is weird for me at least, it's like I want to remember you, but it's like fog and everything seems to be out of reach." She says to me. I don't want to forget everything, I don't want to forget some of the best years of my life, I want to remember and the fact that I forgot is unfair..." she says almost in tears. I pull her towards me in a hug and she accepts the hug and just slowly takes deep breaths. "It's going be alright." I say to her.

"So why haven't you gone to your games?" She looks up and asks me. "How do you know this?" I ask her. "Uh I kind of googled you..and Aaleeyah.."she says shyly. I shake my head and laugh. "Nothing to be ashamed of, but anyways I was with you, I couldn't focus on football until I was 100 percent sure you were okay." I say to her. "Aw, wow.." she says and just sits there kind of shocked. "You're starting soon though right?" She asks me. "Yeah I think so, I'm talking to coach later on this week, he knows what's going on so he told me to take my time, but you up now so I'm starting again." I say to her. "Maybe you could come to the game.." I add taking a long shot. "I think that sounds fun." She says with a smile. "Oh come on be honest." I say because I know before me she hated football, she didn't know a thing about it.

"I'm serious!" She replies. "Whatever." I say playfully rolling my eyes. "You're cute." She says to me. We spent the rest of the day up in the room talking I told her a little about us and she just talked, just like as if we didn't know each other, because she didn't know me.