22

Alexis Pov
I've been with Odell for a few weeks taking care of him. He's almost back to normal except he has scars and his knee and shoulder is in a cast. I have been staying at his house with him unless I have to go to work or buy something in which his mom would come help him out until recently now that he can move around on his own. I guess he's had a decent recovery but I'm praying he's good in time for game season because his first game is just weeks away. He doesn't have any major injuries anymore but he still isn't one hundred percent Odell.

We're laying in bed right now. He has his head on my chest and he is in a nice sleep. I woke up a few minutes ago so I decided to play with his hair since I can't go anywhere.

"Lex.." He says groggily. "Yes baby?" I ask. "You staying with me today?" He asks me. "Yeah I don't got nothing to do plus I gotta take care of my baby." I say softly. "Don't say shit like that I can take care of myself.." He says. "Damn someone woke up in a bad mood." I say playfully. He doesn't even respond.

After a few minutes I push him off of me and go to make breakfast. I cook everything I know Odell likes and placed it on the table. While I was finishing up the cooking I heard dragging footsteps coming down the stairs. I hurried to put everything in place then I sped to the stairs to help Odell so he doesn't fall.

I go and try to help him but he snatched his arm away from me. "Why you acting like that I'm just trynna help you so you don't fall." I say softly.

"Lex I know how to walk down the stairs.." He says in a smart tone. I walk away from the stairs and leave him alone. I'm not going to say anything cause he's just a little grumpy today.

He drags himself to the table painfully slow and when he's here he sits and eats. "This taste good baby." He says. "Thanks.." I say dryly.

When he finishes I go and try to pick up his plate but he yells before I fully pick it up. "Damn I can take my own plate lex." He says. This is the last straw he's had an attitude all morning and he hasn't even been away for a full hour yet.

"Look I understand you frustrated with your injuries but I'm just here to fucking help you Odell! You so damn ungrateful instead of saying thanking you wanna have an attitude all morning with me when I'm just trying to be a good girlfriend and help you...matter of fact don't even say nothing to me no more." I say. I get up and storm off upstairs. I quickly go into his room and grab my bag with clothes and stuff. I'm not leaving but I'm taking it out of here so I don't have to come back in here.

I go into one of his guest rooms and throw myself onto the bed. Maybe I over reacted because he's hurt but he's trying to show he can still take care of himself. I would apologize but I'm mad because he hasn't even said good morning or anything. Everything that has come out his mouth today is to be disrespectful towards me.

I got up to go to the shower on my way there I heard Odell's slow dragging footsteps coming up the stairs. I rush to one of the bathrooms and shut and lock the door. I turn on the shower and begin my beauty routine.

After I change into some clothes I go and jump in the bed. I know I'm probably over reacting but to late now. I lay in the bed and turn on the tv. Everyone in a while I hear Odell's dragging footsteps and whenever he hit something I could hear him curse under his breath.

I wanted to run out there and help him but I fought with myself and stayed put. I was contemplating on leaving and going to my house but obviously I couldn't leave Odell alone here. If he fell and someone found him days later I would never forgive myself.

I was dozing off in the bed until I hear the door open and Odell's dragging steps come in. He walks over to the bed and lays with me. He places his head on my exposed stomach and looks up at me.

"Baby." He finally speaks. "What Odell?" I say firmly. "I'm sorry for having a attitude but I'm used to doing shit myself and I felt bad having my girl take care of me when I should be taking care of her." He says. I run my hands through his hair absentmindedly.

"Look I understand how you feel but you can't be talking to me like that Odell I gave up a lot to be able to spend all these days with you for you to end up mad." I say softly. "Alexis I know I'm sorry for that I shouldn't of acted like that I know that you been doing a lot for me but don't worry baby girl when I can walk I'm going make all this up to you." He says. I smile a little. "Baby you don't gotta do that I did this because I wanted to." I say.

"I know but lex I gotta get something off my chest." He says which immediately makes my heart race. "What is it Odell?" I say as my hands stay still on some of the curls in his hair I wash brushing through.

"I don't say this often and if you don't say it back its fine but Alexis I really think I love you." He says his voice getting softer. "Aw you love me baby?" I say as I hug his big ass head close to me I kiss his forehead.

"Yes I do Lexi." He says. "I love you Odell." I say back. I don't say it back just to reply I say it because that's what I'm really feeling. Odell really does have my heart and even though I never thought I could love someone so soon I think I do. I would never dream of taking so extensive time of the studio until now that Odell is injured. I also would never think this would be my life but I couldn't be happier.

"Lex..you don't got to say it back just cause I said it." He says to me. "I know baby but I really mean this..there's no doubt in my mind that I really love you Odell." I say.

"Give your baby a kiss." He says to me. I lean down and place a peck on his lips. He smiles into the kiss. "Baby come to my room you know damn well that's where you belong." He says. I roll my eyes and help him get off the bed.