69

"Where is she?" I hear Odell ask as he walks into my bridal suite. They direct him over to me and I'm like a mess. I'm so frustrated I started tearing up and honestly I just wanted this day to be perfect but it's getting ruined or it was ruined by someone so unimportant.

Odell still wasn't fully dressed he had on his shirt now but his pants disappeared and got traded for sweat pants. I don't know how he does it but I don't really care to ask.

"Alexis can you come with me for a while?" He asks me. "Yeah they are almost done with my hair." I say calmly. The guy doing my hair finishes it off and sprays a shit ton of hair spray and then I'm good to go.

"Odell you're not even suppose to be in here.." I say to him. "Why not?" He asks me. "What if I was in my dress? You can't see me in the dress before the wedding you asshole." I say as I get out of the chair. "I'll bring her back in a few minutes." Odell says. He grabs my hand and we walk out to the hall way and he takes me down another hallway and then we end up outside. He leads me to a bench with a beautiful garden and I'm literally in heaven like this is what heaven looks like!

"So tell me what's wrong?" Odell asks as he pulls me into his lap. "Tia came into my dressing room and she was cursing and shit in front of Kenzie, she was trying to start something with me or any of the girls like it's ridiculous." I say to Odell. "I talked to Jarvis and he said he'd talk to her." Odell says. "Like is that what bitter bitches do? They just show up at people's special events and ratchet it the fuck up?" I ask Odell. "Calm down Lex, she's gone and you just need to worry about looking pretty." Odell says to me.

"It's my wedding day why can't I have one day of peace?" I ask. "It's your fault though, you set Jarvis up with that girl so I don't know what you were expecting." Odell says. "Shut up it wasn't a good idea I understand." I say.

"Yeah but you going stop playing Cupid okay baby?" Odell says. "Shut up.." I say to him. "Give me a kiss." He says to me. He puckers his lips out and I plant a quick smooch on his puckered lips. "Okay now get your crazy ass off of me.." Odell says. "Shut up.." I say as I stand up. "Go get ready to walk down that aisle cause you going even if I have to carry you down." Odell says as he smacks my butt.

"I'll see you later." I say. I walk away back to my bridal suite and I'm in a much better mood. I'm able to sit through the rest of the make up and then I'm ready to wear my wedding dress. It was crazy exciting to wear it, like it's beautiful and I feel like a princess..

"I picked that dress!" Brittany says. "I don't think so.." I say playfully. "Woahhhhh mommy you look like a princess.." Kenzie says as she looks at me. "Thank you baby...but you're the only princess here." I say to her. She smiles and goes back to playing. I got lucky with her that Aaliyah trained her good. It's honestly really sad to me that my older sister isn't here to be in my wedding but I know she wouldn't want me to be sad on my wedding day.

My parents really haven't gone out much since Aaliyah died. Like it's almost been a year and they are pretty sad, I mean she was their first daughter...they kind of did everything they did for her when they were young then came the rest of us after they were in a good place.

"So how much time do we have until the ceremony?" Heather asks. "Just a half an hour but we need to be there 15 minutes before to get in our order." I say. I just want to get it over with I want to go to the reception.

When it was finally time it was a mess Kenzie and Riley were literally the only ones ready. As everyone started walking I felt myself grow more and more nervous but I was excited more than anything. I heard the organ blaring 'here comes the bride' and I felt ready to make the first step. With every step I felt like I was walking into a fairytale just everything looked to perfect to be true.

I saw Odell at the alter and I could tell he was tearing up just seeing me. I wanted to tear up to but tears of joy...lucky for me my make up was water proof!

When it got time for our vows Odell pulled out a tiny piece of paper...I tried not to laugh but it was hard I love the simplicity of Odell..

"So I'm sorry but I have this paper here because I knew that when I saw you I'd forget everything.." he says and a series of aw's ring through the room. "Alexis Beckham I take you to be my one true love, something I knew the day I met you. Ever since that first day I knew you would be a challenge but that's what love is, my love is patient. I promise to be the best man for you each and everyday without exception because love has no exception, I want to show you the same dedication you show me. I want to be the man that you take to stand by your side and enjoy life's many pleasures and hardships because I know I can't imagine a good nor bad life without. With all this being said I just want you to know that you're my lover, my wife, my soulmate, my bestfriend, but above all you are the love of my life." Odell says. I stand full blown crying after hearing those words come out of his mouth...I can't top that!

I finally am able to dry my eyes enough to begin to say my vows. "Odell Cornelious Beckham Jr, your love to me is happiness, however happiness in marriage is not something that just happens. A good marriage must be created. In the art of marriage the little things are the most important. Love is never to old to hold hands, it is remembering to say I love you once a day, it is never ever going to sleep angry, it is at no time taking the other for granted, the courtship should not end at the honeymoon, it should continue through all the years. Love is standing together facing the world, it is forming a circle of love that anyone could see a mile away, it is doing things for each other not with an attitude but with joy, it is speaking words of appreciation and demonstrating gratitude in thoughtful ways. It is not expecting the husband to wear a halo or the wife to wear wings of an angel. It is not looking for perfection in each other. It is cultivating flexibility and understanding and a sense of humor. It is having the capacity to forgive and forget. It is giving each other an atmosphere in which they can grow. It is finding room for the things of the spirit. It is a common search for the good and beautiful. It is establishing a relationship where independence is equal, dependence is mutual, and the obligation is reciprocal. This isn't about just being the right partner it is about marrying the right partner and with all of that being said Odell you're the only person in the entire world I could imagine being the right partner for me because our love is so strong it will never end just like this marriage."I say. I think mine was to long but honestly I meant every word.

"Do you Odell Cornelious Beckham Jr take Alexis as your bride?" The pastor asks. "I do." Odell says. "Do you Kalani Alexis Iverson take Odell as your lawfully wedded husband?" The pastor asks. "I do." I reply.

"Now you may kiss the bride." The pastor finally says. Odell leans in and connects our lips and I honestly don't want to let go..

When we do let go everyone erupts in laughter and cheer. Me and Odell turn around and smile as the photographer snaps photos. Finally after everything with Odell I was able to walk down this aisle and confirm in front of God that Odell is my soulmate.