91

I woke up the next morning and Dre was gone but that's fine with me. I woke up early to get things ready around the house, my dad was bringing Carter to me at 9 and I can't wait to see my baby. I've missed my baby so much, I cannot be away from my kids. I've texted my dad like 15 times to just confirm everything about Carter. So much so that he stopped replying and I knew this would happen. It's only 8 am and I already had breakfast made so I went to wake up my little boogers.

I went to Kenzie's room first because she takes the longest to wake up. I kiss her cheek and her eyes flutter open, she yanks the blanket over her head and rolls over. "Come on sleepy, I made breakfast." I say as I shake her away. She groans. "Wake up Kenzie!" I say. She sits up and stares at the floor with an angry look. "Come on, go downstairs to the counter and wait for me okay?" I say to her. She nods and slowly gets out of bed. "Good morning mommy.." she says as she walks out.

I then get up and go to Sonny's room, he's the sunshine of the house. "Good morning handsome.." I say as I walk into his room. His eyes bounce open, "good morning!" He says excitedly. I go over and I give him a hug. "I made breakfast and it's on the table, go join your sister while I get Ava.

Ava sleeps in a bed but we literally have a padded rug around her bed just in case she falls. I go into her room and I sit on her bed. "Wake up Ava.." I say as start to caress her tiny face. She tosses a little and then her eyes flutter open and she stares at me. "How about we go get breakfast?" I ask her. She nods because she refuses to talk when she's just waking up.

I pick her up and I carry her downstairs, I don't usually do this individual wake up, Odell does or I just call everyone from downstairs.

"where's daddy?" Kenzie asks me. "Well daddy moved..." I say. "When are we going with him?" She asks. "Well we aren't, daddy is going to live alone.." I reply. "Why?" Sonny asks me. "Because daddy just needs some alone time, so do I." I reply.

"So where are we going to go?" Kenzie asks. "You guys get to stay with me in the big house!" I say as I set Ava down in her chair. "can daddy come over?" Kenzie asks me. "Well I'd rather him not but if you guys want to see him, of course he can.." I reply.

I hear my doorbell and I rush to the door, I already know it's my itty bitty baby and my dad! I open the door and see my dad with her in a car seat in one hand and all of her stuff in a bag.

"Morning daddy." I say as I kiss his cheek and give him a hug. "Good morning, now where are my grand babies? Grandpaaaa's here!" He yells. I roll my eyes as he walks to them where they are all excited to see him.

I take Carter out of her car seat and she looks scared. It's kind of funny, probably my dad's driving..."hey mama.." I say as I pick her up and kiss her chubby cheeks. "So how's my baby?" I ask my dad. "She's good, she sleeps almost all night it's crazy.." he replies. "Well she's a good girl.." I say. "So how's my baby? How was the trip?" He asks me. "Here I made breakfast." I say as I hand him a plate and avoid the subject. "Alexis what happened?" He asks but instinctively grabs the plate. "Life happened." I reply simply. "What do you mean life happened?" He asks me. "Well right now I'm looking at a divorce." I mouth the word divorce because I don't think Sonny and Kenzie are ready for something like that yet.

"Woah, what? Wait what happened?" My dad says confused. "I don't want to get into details...but Odell ain't faithful." I say simply. "I will bust that boys face in.." my dad says and I can see anger in his eye. "Dad no okay?" I say to him. "Alexis no man should ever, ever disrespect you like that.." my dad says.

"Dad I know, but I'm handling it.." I say. "We'll talk about this later okay?" I say to him. He nods.

---