28

Alexis Pov
I haven't heard from Odell in almost three days I guess this is for the better. I can't make an effort to reach out to him if he cannot reach out to me so for now this is how things are going to be. Even though I'm newly single I dedicated myself to my job to keep my mind off of things here I go falling into a bad habit.

Everyone who found out which were only close friends have reassured me he's going to come back but that makes it seem like I need him and I don't. I try to think about him as least as possible because my world can't revolve around one man. I have to remember who I am and what I can be.

Today I woke up in a pretty decent mood after my little pep talk with myself. I got up and got ready. I put my braids in a bun and I got dressed in white shorts and a white long sleeve crop top and pink flip flops. I had nothing important today so I guess it's a chill day.

When I was ready I made myself a healthy breakfast because honestly I've forgotten all about my health and fitness plans but now they are back on. I took my time and took a few minutes to walk Santa then I drove to my office.

When I got there Sara the front desk girl said someone was waiting for me in my office. It was 11:24 and I wasn't expecting anyone today so I went in anyway and didn't think much of it. I wasn't really worried because I thought it was one of the girls who wanted to ask me something because Sara didn't specify who was waiting for me.

When I walked in I saw Chris sitting on my couch just starring off into space

When I walked in I saw Chris sitting on my couch just starring off into space. I obviously wasn't expecting him here nor did I want to see him. He was going to add unnecessary problems to my life I can guarantee because he wouldn't be here for just anything. However if I didn't go through everything with him I would have to admit he always looks so good. He is honestly such a good looking man even though he's an asshole. His subtle features are just so easy to look at and his soft voice is the total opposite of what he is.

"Hey." I say dryly. "Morning Alexis." He responds. "Okay I can't be friendly why are you here..?" I say trying to just figure out why he's here. "Someone told me this was yours so I wanted to see how my baby girl was doing." He says. "Cute but why are you here?" I ask again.

"You got a real bad attitude baby girl." He says I roll my eyes again. "Okay so you want to waste my time can you leave." I say getting tired of his little small talk.

He stands up and walks towards me. "I found out who your little boyfriend is.." I don't respond I just stare at him. "You got yourself a little football player..but like I said that shit won't last." He says calmly.

"Don't bring Odell into this shit." I say. "Why not?" He asks me. "Because that's my life I didn't go after your little girlfriend so don't come after people in my life." I say. "Shut the fuck up bout that damn girl I'm here with you aren't I." He says. "I don't give a fuck I'm done with you I've been done with you since I was 18 so why do you feel the need to pop up three years later!"

"Well I'm here now you know I ain't mean that but I know you still love me." He says. "Yeah I still love you?" I ask sarcastically. "You do." He says. "I don't I moved on my life is going so much better without you..I have a life I don't want you in you just don't give a fuck about anything because you're here after three years and everything you've done I could of gotten you arrested you know that right?" I say. He walks closer to me and grabs me and pulls his face just inches from mine.