81

"Odell.." I hear Alexis say, it's the middle of the night so I don't know why she's up. "Go to sleep.." I say because I'm half asleep. "Odell..." she says as she taps me. "Bro leave me alone go to sleep!" I grunt.

"Wake up you asshole!" She yells as she smacks my arm. I grunt and roll over to face her. "What's wrong?" I ask. "My chest hurts.." she says. "What do you mean your chest hurts?" I ask as I sit up. "Like my chest hurts and my stomach hurts a lot.." she says. "You take all your medicine today?" I ask her. She nods.

"Odell I don't feel well.." she says as tears start to come out of her eyes. "Can I take you to the hospital?" I ask her. She nods as she winces. "Can you get up.." I ask her.

I get up and I go over to her side and I help her sit up. I see tears steaming down her cheeks. "Alright can you sit here for a few minutes?" I ask her so I have time to get our kids ready. "Yeah, can you call my mom? So we can leave the kids here.." she says almost reading my mind. "Alright.." I say I grab my phone and I call her mom. She said she'll be here in 5 minutes. I help Alexis change and I go turn on the car while we wait for her mom.

When her mom arrives she barely has time to see Alexis because I rush her into the car and I drive. "You doing okay?" I ask Alexis. "I don't know, my stomach hurts.." she says as she freaks out. "You're going to be fine Lex.." I say as I grab her hand.

"No...my stomach hurts, what if there is something wrong with the baby.." she says as she squeezes my hand. "Nothing is wrong with our baby Lex. You're going to be fine." I say to her. I'm a bit worried about her but I don't want to scare her I want her to be calm because she's only 6 months along so I know she isn't in labor so it has to be something else.

"Are we almost there?" She asks me. "Yeah we about to pull into the parking lot babe." I say. I quickly pull into the parking lot and then I go to her side and I help her into the ER. As soon as I get her into the ER a doctor comes with a wheel chair and Alexis sits down.

As soon as she sits I see her body jerk and the doctor who got her on the wheel chair starts yelling out to other people. "What's going on?" I ask. "She's seizing!" The doctor yells as like five people get around her and place her on a hospital bed and hold her down.

"We'll update you later sir we have to take care of her right now!" One of the doctor yells at me. "Alright but she was complaining that her chest and stomach hurt!" I yell as they wheel her away.

One of the nurses directs me to a waiting area and I sit there. Alexis's parents are blowing up my phone and I want to know what's going on before I say anything. After a few minutes one of the OBGYN doctors comes up to me.

"Can we talk to you sir?" She asks me. "Yeah how's my wife?" I ask. "That's what I came to talk to you about." She says. "She's okay right?" I ask. "She's going to be, we are doing everything we can." The doctor says. "So what's wrong with her?" I ask.

"She has severe pre-eclampsia...her blood pressure is really high, so we are trying to lower it before we perform an emergency C-section if necessary." The doctor says to me. "So our baby is going to be born today?" I ask. "Hopefully not but the sooner the better because if not it could cause death of her and the baby if things get to bad." She says.  "Can I talk to her?" I ask. "Uh..she's in a lot of pain but you can..." the doctor says.

I text Alexis's mom and my mom that the baby are coming. I know it's to soon to be sure but all I'm clear on is that she's having a C section today even though the doctor didn't for sure say yes I already know what she meant.

I go to Alexis's room and I see she has a bunch of tubes connected to her. "Hey baby." I say to her. I see her and I can tell she's been crying. "Our baby is going to be born today...I'm only 6 months pregnant...how is that going to work.." she says. "Calm down alright, the doctor going take care of our baby and make sure it stays in there.." I say as I rub her stomach. "I'm scared..I don't want my baby to be premature." She says. "Relax alright...you're fine, and everything is going to be fine." I say as I hug her. I feel her hug me back and I hold her for a few minutes and then out of no where she asks me for a bucket.

I hand her a bucket they placed by her head and she starts to throw up. A nurse comes in, and I hold the bucket as she throws up and I run my hands along her back. After she finishes she starts coughing and ends up coughing up blood.

"That's not good..I need a doctor in here!" I see the nurse tell. I instantly get scared as 10 doctors run in. They pull me out of the room and then they take Alexis away.

"Mr. Beckham, we have to take her into surgery, right now, we can't wait for her blood pressure to go up because she has HELLP, which means the destruction of her red blood cells, which means if we don't do something fast all of her organs will shut down. So we'll keep you posted." A doctor who was in the room with Alexis says.

"But she was fine earlier..?" I say. "Yeah but she's not now, things spiked and she's will be okay after she delivers this baby." The doctor says.

After a few minutes I get a call from Ayesha and she basically yells at me for not telling her that Alexis is going to have her baby. I didn't have time though so I guess she heard from Alexis's mom.

After a few minutes my mom shows up. "Odell how is she? I don't want to assume anything is wrong but she's not full term so if she's having the baby something has to be wrong right?" My mom asks. "I'm not in the mood right now." I say because I don't want to talk at all right now. "Well you going have to explain to Melissa because she's on her way." My mom says and that means that Alexis's mom might bring the kids so maybe that's a good thing.

"Odell she's going to be fine.." my mom says as she can tell I'm worried. "I don't know, I'm worried about my baby." I say because I know premature babies aren't healthy.

"They are both going to be okay, you know things happen." She says. I bury my face in my hands as I try to relax. After a few minutes Alexis's parents show up with Kenzie, Sonny, and Ava.

"How is she?" Her dad asks me. "She's in surgery." I say. "For what?" He asks me. "She has HELLP, the doctor said they had to get the baby out so her organs don't shut down." I say. Ava is still asleep in her stroller so I pull it towards me and I take Kenzie on my lap and Sonny to sit next to me.

"Where is mommy?" Sonny asks me. "She's having her baby." I say. "Ohhh already?" Sonny asks. "Yeah the baby couldn't wait to come out." I say. "Daddy I'm sleepy.." Kenzie says as she lays her head on my chest. "Go to sleep, alright?" I say as I hug her close. She nods and closes her eyes, I kiss the top of her head. She doesn't stay asleep long though, I guess she's not that tired.

"Mr. Beckham?" A doctor says. "Uh yeah that's me.." I say. I see that her face looks like she has something important to tell me.

"Hey Heather let's take these kids to the food court." Alexis's mom says to my mom. "Come on guys are you hungry Kenz and Sonny?" My mom asks. They say yes so they take them and roll Ava away to the food court to give me privacy.

"Yes ma'am?" I ask. "Right now things got complicated her placenta separated from the uterine wall before we were able to get the baby out, right now we are only banking on saving one of them so I want you to be prepared if her or the baby should..." she trails off. "Is this a joke?" I ask her as I feel my rage building up.

"You're suppose to be some of the best doctors and you're telling me to pick between if I want my baby or wife to die, look I want you to go back in there and you are going to save both my wife and my child!" I yell. "Look sir we are doing everything we can, but we just want you to be prepared." The doctor says. "So my wife and child are going to die?" I ask. I feel tears come down my cheeks and I try to say something.

"What kind of fu-" I start but Alexis's dad grabs my arm. "Ay man calm down they doing everything they can, it's going be fine." He says. He hugs me and I hug him back.

"Sorry, sir.." the doctor says. I nod and then she disappears into the OR.