38

I woke up and found Odell not here with me and I bet he said bye to me while I was asleep so I don't know where he went. I called his phone and he answered.

"Babe where are you?" I ask him. "I went out I'll be back later." He replies. "Okay then bye baby." I say. "Bye Alexis." He says. I hang up and I go and get showered and dressed.

I jog downstairs only to find Ms.Heather in the kitchen with a plate for me. "Goodmorning Miss Heather." I say to her. "Good morning Alexis." She says to me. "Where is everyone?" I ask her because not even Jazzy is here.

"Jazzy had a summer camp thing so Derek went with her and Odell had a meeting today, but that's okay now we can have mother and soon to be daughter bonding." She says while I eat. "Okay well that sounds fun." I reply.

"So how are you and O doing?" She asks me. "We're doing great from what I can tell." I reply. "Oh that's good because I know sometimes you two can have disagreements."she says to me. I nod because what am I suppose to answer to that.

"But let me just ask do you think you are ready to marry Odell?" She asks. "Don't you think that's a bit extreme.." she adds. I feel anger kind of bubbling in me because this sounded like an insult more than a concerned question. "I think we ready I know most people probably don't agree but I think if we happy and feel ready then why does it really matter?" I reply trying not to be disrespectful.

"Yeah Alexis but I don't know if being a wife is something you know much about, it's about sacrifice, and with Odell's career you going have to give up a lot also I don't think you ready to be a wife." She says and I feel like she's basically telling me she disapproves of me and Odell getting married. "Well Ms. Heather I'm sorry you feel that way but I'll make sure I prove you wrong or change your mind with my marriage that is going to happen." I say to her.

"If that's what you think then I am in no position to tell you otherwise just be careful because I know how Odell is." She says. "Well thank you for worrying I know you are his mother and you know best for him but I promise you I Odell is in good hands." I say. "Well I just wanted to talk to you and make sure everything is okay." She says and then my phone starts ringing. She nods saying for me to answer it and I do.

"Hey princess go outside I got a car waiting for you." He says. "Alright where am I going?" I ask. "To meet me so I can take you somewhere to eat and we can talk." He says. "Alright I'll see you soon bye babe." I say and he says bye and hangs up.

"Well Odell sent a car for me so I gotta go but bye Ms.Heather." I say to her. "Bye Alexis have fun." She replies. I get up and walk out to the car and I get in. The driver drives to a restaurant and I see Odell sitting on one of the outside tables. I got a few things on my mind so I'm hoping he's just calm today, because I have actual things to talk about like how his mom came at me today.

I wake up to him and give him a hug. "Hey Odell." I say. "Hey Lex what you been doing today?" He asks me. "Well not much I ate earlier and I kind of had a conversation with your mom that left me a little in my feelings but I could ask you what you've been doing.." I say. "Well I'm glad you brought that up cause I need to tell you about that." He says and my heart kind of drops because that doesn't sound good at all.

"Well tell me." I say. "Today I had a meeting with my lawyer you know like that handles all technicalities and he came to me saying that I don't need to get married and if I do the first thing I need is a prenup, BUT before you say anything I'm not saying that is what I want but it's something that they basically I need that shit like it's not an option, they saying that all athletes should have one, but with the position I'm in they think I need it." He says and he's trying to like make it less bad but honestly I don't like the sound of that.