14

Alexis Pov

I'm about to leave the studio now it's 8:30 I already ate and all of that but I'm the last one here. I was real busy today trying to meet deadlines and I wanted to get it all done today as soon as possible. When I start to work I don't stop or it's going to be hard for me to start again.

I'm here alone in the studio because the latest anyone leaves is 6:30 if they got something important. Aaleeyah tried to get me to leave earlier but I didn't want to stop my work to have to pick back up another day. I was typing away furiously when my phone vibrated. It's been vibrating all day but since I was deep in my concentration I didn't hear it until now. I checked it and it was a text from Odell.

I haven't talked to him all day today and he probably missing me or worried or both. I won't bout to text him back right now though so I slipped my phone into my purse.

I packed up my things and got ready to go. I made sure I locked up my office and the studio doors since I'm obviously the last one here. I stopped at the bank on my way home to cash a few checks. I didn't bother counting the money I just put it in my purse. I'll probably put the money back in the bank tomorrow but I wanna count it up myself it's like a habit.

When I got home I got on my laptop and started making orders for materials and things. I said I was done but I always find something to do. I spent about 30 minutes ordering and checking orders.

I then grabbed my purse and placed it on my counter. I took out all the bank envelopes and laid out the money in different piles depending on which envelope they came from.

I started to count every stack and write it down on a little piece of paper. It drives my mom crazy that I do this instead of leaving it in my bank but I like to have cash on me. I'm probably going to take half of it back to the bank tomorrow but I like to count it out myself it's just a satisfying feeling.

While I was still counting I heard my front door open. I probably forgot to lock it when I got here. I looked over at my doors direction and saw Odell. He walked in looking around for me and found me counting my money he gave me a funny look.

"So you bout to leave the country with a a hundred thousand cash or something?" He asks me. "Ha ha very funny.." I say sarcastically. "I like counting my money out shut the hell up." I say. I collect all my money and place it in my purse. I know I'm not going to have anymore time to count with Odell here.

"So why you been ignoring me?" He asks me. "I haven't I've just bee-" I say as he cuts me off. "Yeah busy whatever Alexis." He says.

"Odell I'm sorry I'm just always working I've told you this." I say. "You sure it ain't nothing else?" He asks me. "No it's just that.." I say. I know I'm lying but I don't wanna bother Odell with the things running through my head.

"I feel like your lying to me Alexis." He says doubtfully. "I'm not its just...never mind. I don't know I'm tripping I been real busy that's why I told you we won't work out." I say the more I speak the more I'm getting twisted in my thoughts. My words are all messed up I'm not saying what I want to say.

"Okay but we going work out." He says. "Yeah I guess." I say as I turn my chair towards him. "Odell wait why are you here don't you got morning practice tomorrow?" I ask him. "Yeah but I ain't going since I'm here.." He says. "So you planning on spending the night..?" I ask. "Yup until my princess done ignoring me.." He says trailing off. "I thought you won't allowed to miss it?" I say. "I ain't but we do it all the time honestly." He says.

"Alright Odell well I'm tired so I hope you ready for bed." I say. I check my phone it's only nine but it's better then staying up and talking with Odell. I kept my cool so far but my mind racing.