24

Alexis Pov

I was laying in bed on the phone with Odell stroking Santa's soft fur while he dozed off in my lap. He was a very lazy puppy and spent most of the day asleep wether I was here or not.

Odell was on the phone running around trying to get his suit on for ESPY awards which were basically awards for people who played sports. I was going with Odell but right now I was on the phone helping him get ready. I already knew what I was going to wear but Odell on the other hand..

"Should I wear a tie or not?" He said while I held up the phone to my ear distractedly. "No baby there's no point." I say.

"Okay I think I'm done now go get ready I want my sexy little mama to knock em dead." He says. "Okay bye baby I'll wait for you here." I say. I hang up the phone and I pick up Santa and lay him in his little doggy bed. He much prefers mine but I wasn't going to be home for a while and he doesn't know how to get down.

I then went to the shower making it extra long as I wanted to be perfect for tonight. I however wasn't nervous like Odell seemed to be. I then got out of the bathroom to find Santa playing with a chew toy. I walked to my closet and removed the towel that clung to my body.

I put on a beautiful Balmain dress I had never had the chance to wear until now. I then put on some heels and went to do my make up and hair. While I finished up my hair Odell came in looking as spiffy as ever with his red suit.

"Hey baby." I said as he walked in the room. "Damn..I think I'm goin have to leave you here.." He says starring at me in awe. "Why is their something wrong?" I say looking down inspectioning my dress to make sure my bra wasn't visible or something.

"You look to good.." He says. "Thank you baby you look great to." I say softly. I grab my phone and walk over to him. "After you my princess." He says as we walk out of my apartment. We walk to the parking lot and he has a limo waiting for us to drive us to the event.

This is different from my usual life and Odell knows it more then anyone. I take in all my surroundings and I love all these changes its not that Odell has money but the fact that he went above and beyond to maybe me feel good. I know I would of never seen myself with a football player often making fun of my elder sister for her relationship but I understand her now it's who makes you the happiest. I however felt the happiest I've ever been with Odell but not at this moment. I feel the happiest when we are cuddled up like two normal people just enjoying each other. Don't get me wrong it's not like I wish him to be and average man but when it's just us two things are perfect in my eyes.

I sit in the limo with my mind just racing taking it all in. Odell who never seems to miss a beat notices me deep and my thoughts and interrupts them.

"Lex you okay?" He asks me. Since it is just me and him back here I decide to confine my thoughts to him. "Yeah I'm fine I'm just overwhelmed by how good my life is...I don't mean money wise..I mean like how happy I've been recently thanks to you." I say softly. I close my eyes for a few moments as I wait for a response from him.

"I know what you mean the feeling mutual lex I been kind of putting off telling you this and right now not a good time but I think you should know I think nah scratch that.. I know I love you." He says. I feel a tear forming in my eyes from how romantically cute/cheesy this all is. It however meant everything to me.

"I love you to Odell..I never thought I'd say those words again." I say softly. I feel a warm tear trickle down my face. "Aw baby don't cry why you crying?" He says pulling me into a hug.

"I don't know I'm just overwhelmed I ain't know I'd be this happy again even though this might be temporary this special to me.." I say as I hug my boyfriend closer in fear of him disappearing like a dream.