53

My mouth is watering as I watch this chef prepare our food for later. He's making the food for the announcement party me and Odell are having later tonight. I'm waiting for Odell to get home from his workouts because I miss him. Maybe because of my baby or maybe it's just me but I've been really clingy to Odell lately, like all I want to do is be up under him. He doesn't complain but I think he hasn't noticed it yet.

I have everything organized and I know Odell is going to be pissed that I did it all because he wants me to be relaxed and not over working but I do anyways. I like to have everything done before I can sit still and Odell wanted to do it so I'm not lifting things but to late now.

When he got home the chef had already set the food out and left and Odell noticed that I fixed everything and like I predicted he was not happy with me.

"You a hardheaded motherfucker ain't you." He says to me. "Hush! You weren't going to be home for like another 3 hours and I had nothing to do." I say to him. "Could've read a book, maybe taken a nap, shopping..." he starts to list out random things and I roll my eyes.

"Babe go put one some pants, take off these gym shorts." I say to Odell. "I'll be back in a few." He replies as he runs up the stairs. I would follow him but those stairs leave me out of breath! While I'm waiting for Odell since I'm already dressed I go to the kitchen to grab some mandarins because I've been craving citrus-y fruits so Odell went and got me all of them like two days ago...literally. He's a little extra sometimes but I love it!

When he finally came downstairs he came and sat next to me and started to rub my slight tummy that is starting to grow. "Hey baby girl, it's your daddy, I'm here with you're crazy mommy and we are going to tell everyone about you today, I know your mommy is nervous because these kind of things are hard for her, but just know we love you, and everyone will love you too." Odell says and he usually talks to the baby so this is common for me but it's so cute. I talk to her to sometimes but Odell does it easier the words just flow for him mine take a little while longer to come out.

"I can't wait till she's born.." Odell says. "Well I hope she stays in here because then daddy has to pay attention to me too!" I say. "You got my full attention Alexis don't worry about it, but my baby going be the priority until she can walk and talk so you going have to take a time out." Odell says to me. "Shut up!" I say to him. "Let me go walk Santa before everyone gets here." Odell says as he picks up Santa and puts him on his leash.

I go and straighten up like I do when I'm nervous and a few minutes later Odell comes back. By the time Odell comes back Steph and Ayesha are already here. We invited them first because we wanted to ask them to be our baby's god parents in private.

"Hey guys, we've missed you so much!" I say as we all hug and say hi. "Well we were in New York for Steph's game against the Nets so it was perfect for us to come by!" Ayesha says. "Well that's good because we have something that's pretty important to ask you guys.." we say. "Well seems like it we are the first ones here!" Steph says playfully. "Well you guys are really good to us, you're like our best friends and we just love you and your family so this is something we couldn't pick anyone more perfect for it." I say. "Before she says anything, we are expecting a baby girl." Odell says. "Oh my gosh! I knew it!" Ayesha says. "We need to move closer than cause now Riley and Ryan have a new playmate." Steph says. "But congrats to you guys forreal!" Steph adds.

"Thank you! But we were wondering would you guys be the God parents?" I ask them. "Oh my gosh yes duh! She's practically going to be my daughter!" Ayesha says. "So how far along are you?" Steph asks me. "5 months." I reply. "Wow you aren't even showing.." Ayesha says. "Yes I am, these white pants just cover up my tummy good." I say playfully.

"Well I'm excited now I can't wait to meet her! Have you guys picked out a name yet?" She asks us. "No we can't choose it's hard." I reply. "I know it's hard to decided I don't know why! You just want the perfect name for your baby!" Ayesha says and we start talking until everyone arrives.

When everyone's here I try not to stand up to much and Odell is literally next to me the whole night. "So what we all here for?" Jarvis asks. "Just hold on you'll find out!" Odell says to him.

"Okay so everyone are we done eating?" I ask. They all reply that they are but then instead of announcing it I excuse myself to go to the bathroom.

Odell follows me because I guess he sensed that something was wrong. We walk into the bathroom and lock the door behind us.

"What's wrong?" He asks me. "I kind of got nervous and I don't know if I can do it.." I say slowly. "What do you mean?" He asks me. "It's not that I don't want to tell them, the thing is I'm still like scared about what if the baby isn't born then it's making it worse because we are saying all of this to disappoint..." I say and my words aren't making sense at all right now! "Relax, the doctor said everything is going fine, our baby girl is healthy and she's going to be born so let's not be worried okay?" He asks me.

"But it's just that I haven't been able to keep a baby so why would this be any different..." I ask him. "Because we are ready for this baby, I don't know why things happen but everything is going to turn out great Alexis so please let's go." He says to me. I nod and I wipe my eyes before tears build up. Odell cups my face and kisses my forehead and then we walk out of the bathroom.

"Okay sorry about that!" I say as me and Odell walk out to our living room where everyone is chilling. "So we have an announcement to make." Odell says. "Okay everyone hush!!!" My dad says and all the voices start to kind of fade.

"So me and Odell were blessed to find out that we are having a baby girl. I'm about 5 months and we are crazy excited!" I say. Everyone starts clapping for us. "Kenzie you're going to have a cousin!" My dad says to my niece. "Wheres the baby?" My 4 year old niece asks me. "She's in my tummy!" I say to her. "Ohhh!" She says.

Everyone congratulates us and the entry in the room is great so far. I look over at Odell and he is glowing with pride he keeps touching my tummy and just smiling every time someone congratulates us. I'm happy but I'm in awe about how proud he is. It's such a huge contrast between him and Christian who wanted me to get rid of my baby, while Odell does anything to protect us and it's just such a good feeling!

Everyone was so happy for us and it was a great time and I guess now I really believe that I'm going to have this baby! However all of our friends are so extra that my mom, Odell's mom, Aaleeyah, Ayesha, Brittany and my sisters are already planning the baby shower! I think it's a bit to early for that but whatever!

I just want to have my baby so I can meet her and be a mommy! I've been waiting for this for so long and even though I don't know if I'm ready I'm excited because I have Odell and he's going to help me do this! Plus all of my family and friends are the best it's crazy how much they love us!

YOU GUYS CAN VOTE FOR A BABY NAME HERE ARE THE OPTIONS, the name with most votes will be the one I choose so please vote ASAP! 😭 comment to vote! Please Vote so I can update the story more! I won't update until I get at least 10 comments for baby names!
- Indya
- Nova
- Savannah
- Ava
- Giana