[Revision/Edited] Episode 64: Hotsuku Dorm

Start from the beginning

"Right, my dorm."

Ayawamat scoffed. "Eien said as much."

His face became red. "It's co-ed?"

I nodded. "Though, this is a great chance for you to meet some of our top-ranking students. It's a small dorm, but all of its members except for you, are in the top twenty in the rankings."

I escorted Orion over to my dorm, a small blue long house-style building. It had been built by some of the first Wahkanian exchange students. Back in the day, each nationality had their own dorm.

Flanking the longhouse were two six-foot tall statues of barn owls. Orion averted their onyx eyes. I also thought of them as creepy-looking when I first saw them.

I took out my key and cracked the door of the dorm slowly. I wasn't sure if anyone else had arrived yet.

"Are you alright?" Orion said, walking into the dorm without worry. Suddenly, a brief pop filled the entrance and confetti rained down.

"Welcome back!" two of my dormmates yelled out. They stepped back from the confetti covered Orion. "You aren't Yuzuki!"

Ayawamat chuckled. "Oh, wow. This must be karma at work."

"Karma?" Orion asked, huffing. "What did I do wrong?"

The long-haired teen sighed. "Uh, pester me. What else?"

"This is what I was afraid of," I said as I dusted some of the confetti off of Orion's white hair.

"That I'll get bad karma?" he asked naively.

I shook my head. "No. If anyone deserves it, it's Aya himself."

He scoffed and averted his gaze.

I glared at the pair of black-haired, grayish, blue-eyed boys hiding in the darkness. I switched on the light, causing both to emerge from behind the thick wooden pillars. Their names were Tasunke and Tashunke, a pair of identical male twins who were kind hearted but noisy. "Did you two pull this on anyone else?"

"Yes," a voice rang from upstairs. A boy with dark blue hair walked down as he dried his hair. His red eyes shifted towards the twins. "These two bombarded me with whistles."

"Tahoma ripped them up," the twins said in unison. They pouted. "So we couldn't surprise you with them."

Orion rubbed his ears. "Frankly, I'm glad he did. That popping sound is still ringing."

Tahoma leaned against the rail of the stairs. "Who is this guy?"

"You forgot who I was, again?" Orion asked in disbelief.

"You aren't anyone of note to us," Ayawamat said, leaning against the front door.

"His name is Orion. He's our new dorm-mate," I responded.

The twins glanced at one another. "So he'll be taking Isabel's room?"

"Who's Isabel?" Orion said.

"Isabel no Mikoto was the former number one at this school." I tensed up upon saying my real last name... I never did figure out how she was related to me. "She transferred here from Mina."

"Mina?" Orion said, eyes wide.

"Yes," Tahoma said. "Iah's country. Most of the top students are from here, though. Yuzuki is the highest ranked Wahkan at this school, and I'm second. Wait, perhaps I should explain what I mean by that-"

I waved my hands dismissively. "No need, I already explained the ranks to him."

Ayawamat shook his head. "Tsk. Cousin, you got to step up your game. Losing to this girl."