[Revised/Edited] Episode 63: Unfair

-"Cherry Blossoms fall upon the young caterpillar."

*Lei*

I chased off after Ulissis and Wanikiya. Where had those two gone? I ran until I caught up to the two of them. They had stopped, and were staring at a red door. The door wasn't like the other doors. However, there was something else that was odd about it.

"Where do we go next?" Ulissis said, looking around with a confused stare. "Opening this door might trigger some alarms."

"Open the door," Eien said. "It's not an emergency exit. It leads to another hallway."

I pushed the door open and entered a wing of the building that looked like an entirely different place. It lacked the gold and other ornaments of the lobby and the hall from which we had just come from. In fact, it looked run down, as if no one had lived here for years.

"Wow," An said. "Are we still in the boys' dorm?"

"Yeah," Hal said. "This place looks like a dump."

Beyond the red door was a crystal wall with a single door with a scanner. Eien took out some cards from his hands and threw them at us like an expert poker dealer. "Use those to open the door, also don't mind the dust. We were hoping to renovate this part but we ran out of time. I'll see if I can do anything to accommodate you guys."

I opened the door using my card, only to be met with a cloud of dust. It wasn't construction dust at all, they never even made it this far in their renovation. I gripped the inhaler in my coat pocket.

"Will you be alright?" Wanikiya said, helping me stand.

"Damn," Eien said. "I forgot." He snapped his fingers and a bubble with clean air covered my face.

I could breathe easily again. "Thanks Eien. I feel well enough to stay."

'I guess that he wasn't all bad. Though Haroun and Boukyaku are both here to watch over him this time.'

Eien scoffed. "It's nothing." He sighed. "I'll have to figure something out soon enough, before you get another asthma attack. That spell won't last long."

"I'll go and clean the air," Nuk said as he summoned several green candles. They were prana candles, meaning that they weren't lit by flame.

He ran off to the different corners of the hallway and placed one in each one. Next, Brother shut his eyes and started chanting something as if he were performing a spirit purification ritual.

"Which one is our room?" Iah said.

Eien pointed to the room closest to the door. "I am assuming that Lei is your teammate so you can have the one closest to the crystal door in case there is a health emergency. The rest of you guys can decide among yourselves."

Wanikiya and Iah opened the door while I stood as far away as possible. Another plume of dust covered the air. How old was this wing of the building anyways?

Iah glared at Eien. "Why are there insects here?" He pointed at several centipedes squirming around in the middle of the floor.

Hikaru jumped back. His face turned pale. He covered his mouth, and ran outside.

"Aren't there better rooms?" Hal said, crossing his arms.

"Well originally you were supposed to get the rooms of last year's graduating class of third-years but enrollment went up this year so we used those rooms to house the native Kyuu Seishinians," Eien responded. "Before you claim that we are discriminating against you for being foreigners, first consider that the Kyuu Seishinians housed in your original rooms paid."