[Revised/Edited] Episode 61: Climbing Ryuu no Yama

Start from the beginning

An gave us a proud grin. "Like any other true Aiefian would, by living off the land!"

Xue snickered.

"What's so funny?" An asked, blushing.

"It's just, I didn't imagine you sounding so... proud. You come off as rather humble."

"Oh?" he said, glancing around. "I... I see."

"It's fine to be humble," Adela said. "Being overly proud can lead to one's downfall. Just look at what happened to the second Celestial Queen."

"You mean Aquarina?" Hikaru asked as he tapped on his desk. "True. My brother met her once and said that she was one of the most proud people he ever met."

"Eri met Aquarina?" Yuzuki asked. "He never told me that."

Hikaru smiled at his sister. "Guess that makes me his favorite sibling."

Yuzuki leaned back on her seat and grumbled. "Yeah, right."

"Ugh, don't get started, you two," Zelde said, shaking her head at them.

The 'Mikado' siblings stopped, in part thanks to the door opening.

"Sorry for the wait," Ms. Key said, smiling nervously as she walked in. "I sort of had a chat with Koukyuu."

Haroun sighed. "Not again. You two are always at each other's throats."

Ms. Key's face reddened. "We weren't... Alright, we were. Anyway, enough about Koukyuu and I. It's time to show the first-years around."

"Let's go!" I said, jumping out of my seat.

She snickered. "Alright, let's not keep Lei waiting any longer."

Hal snickered. "He's like a rabbit."

"A rabbit, huh?" Nyima whispered, staring at me.

I blinked. Was I like a bunny?

***

We left the castle and walked through the cherry blossom garden where flowers rained down on us like some part of an ethereal dream.

"It's so beautiful," Adela said, glancing around in awe. She snickered like when she was little and had discovered something new.

It was nice to see her lighten up again.

Vermeil nodded. "It is." She spun around, causing the falling petals to dance around her.

"Where are our dorms?" Iah asked, looking ahead. Unlike most of us, he didn't seem surprised by the dance of cherry blossom petals around us.

"The dorms are on that mountain over there. The Kyuu Seishinians call it 'Ryuu no Yama'," Ms. Key said, pointing at the highest peak on the island.

'Why would they call the mountain 'Dragon Mountain'? As far as I know Dragons aren't associated with Kyuu Seishin. The closest thing to a dragon associated with the ruling Kyuu Hyaku clan is Orochi, the eight headed snake that gave their second strongest branch some of his prana.'

Ms. Key put her hands into the pockets of her blue jeans. "Once we arrive at the dorms, we have to determine your roommates. There are eleven boys and nine girls in this year's first-year class. There meanwhile are four rooms for the boys and three for the girls."

"So the girls will have three in each room and the same with the boys except for one pair?" Iah said.

"Yeah. If you can't choose who gets the two-person room then you and the person you want as your roommate have to fight the other pairs who want it."